"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, February 26, 2010

laksa steamboat

This was my boss treat. She said she wanted to try this laksa steamboat @ Telok Blangah for many years, but never got a chance to, and she suggested this like early in end January, and hence, I rallied the necessary people and reserve the place.

My verdict?
The laksa base is very good.. but after a few times, you feel very "jelat".. the chicken soup to me is like full of MSG, because it is very salty!

But do note the price though.. it is ala-carte style - you eat what, you pay what!

Almost everything is frozen, and the seafood is very expensive. A few pcs of SMALL and frozen sea cucumber cost us $8 per plate, and cuttlefish about 20 pcs, costs us $8 per plate as well.
Other food like tofu, corn, kang kong vegetable, cost at least $3 per plate.

Thinly sliced chicken breast and pork (about 6-7 pcs per plate) cost about $4-$5 per plate!

If someone is treating go for it, but if you ask me to pay for it, I will rconsider, but high chances I won't be interested in it, because it is super expensive for such simple stuff!

Anyway, if you need to know the address, here it is:

San Katong Laksa Steamboat Restaurant
404 Telok Blangah
Tel: 6275 7069

Ok.. I got to go and sleep le.. very tired.. its the Friday, but ya.. I'm feeling tired already! oh well..

Full!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: