"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

department cny dinner @ grand shanghai restaurant


It's the time of the year where we had our department gathering for CNY. Its a tradition that my company follows every year, or at least most of the departments!

As this year, some of the people couldn't make it for lunch, therefore, because of my Senior VP hectic and busy travel schedules, we had to hold it at dinner time, which is a refreshing change I must say!

Anyway, this year, our department CNY dinner was held at Grand Shanghai Restaurant, which is just beside Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. Always wanted to step in and eat, but didn't have the chance to! haha.. so now I have the chance.. so yupz! =D

It is a 9 course dinner, and judging by its "atas" setting, everything should be in small portions, but surprisingly, that was not the case, because most of it are quite big portions.. so ya..
But I enjoyed it lah.. at the end of the dinner, I had asked the secretary how much is per table.. and she told me the price but she told me to keep it to myself.. I was like "really?" because for the amount of food we eat and the price we pay doesn't match totally! The food is really good.. so ya.. so what I can say is that it is considered cheap for such nice food! =D.. All I can say is that the price of the menu per table was an auspicious number, and it has only 3 digits in it. Go figure!

And because everything is individually portioned, it was very neat.. Just the way I like it =D

Anyway, if you are curious about the menu, it is as follows:

The dinner menu for the evening!


- no picture -

Prosperity Raw Fish (Abalone & Salmon)


Braised Superior Shark's Fin in Brown Sauce


Roasted Peking Duck


Steamed Campane Fish


Braised Whole Abalone with Sea Cucumber & Black Moss


Stir Fried Lobster with Egg White


Stir Fried Shanghai Vegetables with Spring Bamboo Shoot


Pan Fried Rice with Seafood & Preserved Meat


Shanghai Eight Treasure

Looks good right.. haha.. told you..

Ok.. need to turn in le.. Need to work tomorrow..

Sianx,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: