"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 31, 2010

cny goodies are expensive!

** Photo on left: Golden Pineapple Tarts from Bakerzin.

Started my CNY goodies shopping today at Chinatown, and then went to Cold Storage @ Takashimaya, Orchard to buy abalone, since I got a $30 Cold Storage voucher.

Chinatown was as usual extremely crowded, but everything year in and out is almost the same - 95% of all the stalls were selling Taiwan jellies, which are definitely overpriced, becayse they sell it at cut-throat prices!

But in the end, I only bought garlic peanuts from my usual stall, "King of Melon Seeds". Of all the peanuts I've eaten, the garlic peanuts from "King of Melon Seeds" were the best!.. its priced at $14 per kg.

After that, before we left for Orchard, I went to pre-order and paid my usual Bak Kwa from Kim Hock Guan.. though there are many players in the market, but because I would only be interested in buying the chilli flavour, and from many I have tasted, Kim Hock Guan is still the best.. but it is a little hard in texture, because it uses lean meat. Paid $50 for it, because I order 1 kg.

** Photo on right: Champagne Raisin cookies from Home's Favourite.

After that, we made our way to Orchard, and surprisingly, it was quite deserted. Went to Cold Storage @ Takashimaya and got the abalone. Before that, I went to purchase the pineapple tarts from Bakerzin, which surprisingly offers 10% discount to consumers who pay with Citibank credit card - they did not say anything, and fortunately I asked! So after the 10% discount, I paid $16.10, because it was $17.95 before discount.

Then just when I was about to exit Takashimaya, I made a visit to the atrium, and saw Home Favourite's cookies, and low and behold, I got blown off by the Champagne Raisin cookies (which is one of their best seller), that I immediately bought one tin after tasting it! This is indeed very different, and not present in any of my relative's house.. So if they really do come, at least can offer them something which is very different.
It is currently priced at $23.80 before discount, but because they are offering a 10% discount to all customers (despite whether you use credit card or not), I got it for $21.40 after discount..

Thereafter, I proceeded to iStudio @ Paragon, to get a new cover for my iPhone, as the current one I have causes marks on the sideways of the screen, and it looks like it covers everything, so look super bulky..
Now that I've changed it to hard plastic, and it only covers only the side, it looks actually very sleek and nice.. Just the way I like it =D
Moreover, the colour of the cover is metallic purple colour, therefore, it is very nice lah =)

Had a good dinner with family at Food Republic in Wisma Atria, before coming home to blog this post, and then turn in for the night.
I did not sleep well yesterday night, and therefore, now must compensate, or else, next week don't know what lies ahead at work.

Oh well.. I just love my iPhone now more each day!

An apple fanatic,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: