"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, February 15, 2010

cny 2010 : day 2 visitation

** Photo on left: A family photo! Big huh.. =D

Now now.. Its finally Day 2 of CNY.. I have been waiting for this day for very long le.. haha..
This is the day where I meet all my other cousins (my dad's side), as well as my other relatives! It's really enjoyable!

This is not only the time where I get the most angbaos *grinz*, but most importantly, meet people who are closer to my heart (other than my church kakkis..) As people say, "blood is thicker than water".. so yupz =)

As usual, its my grandma (who is 80 yrs old by the way) who cooks the nicest Peranakan food in the world!
Her nasi lemak so so, but her lontong, I tell you.. fwah! Words cannot describe it! It is the BEST in the world.. oh man.. I'm salivating already.. ahhhh~

** Photo on right: My cousin, Nathaniel, and myself

This is the day of visitations where we will go to each other's house (at least 6 stops) with an entourage of cars, and one whole gin gang would just gather at each other's house for like about 30 mins each, before proceeding to the next stop!

Of course, its non-stop eating at every stop, and yupz.. I'm guilty of that.. haha..

There were no sudden surprises like asking me to take over one of my uncle's car and drive (like what happened last year)!
Though on one hand, I wish I get to drive at least, but then on the other hand, thinking about parking, I will think twice!

Oh well.. I will buy a car someday, but the keyword is "someday". The problem is only when! haha.. =P
But most probably, I will buy those off-peak cars, since I plan not to drive too work. It's very expensive! Parking itself is enough to kill, not to mention ERP somemore.. haha..

** Photo on left: My cousin, Fiona, and myself

At the end of all the visits, the last stop would be at my aunty's place where typical Peranakan food is prepared for dinner.. All prepared solely by my aunty!!

As mentioned before, the usual Peranakan fare was present: Ayam buluak, babi kapiting soup (which is mince meat balls with bamboo shoot soup), ngoh hiang, hati babi (which is mince pig's liver wrapped with pig's stomach membrane and pan fry, but until today, I still don't appreciate it because I don't take pig's liver in the first place!), nonya chap chai and one more dish I forgot..
Of course, how could we forget the ever so necessity condiment, sambal balanchan (prepared with only the finest balanchan with chilli padi! hot but shiok!)

And I stay there for quite a while to chat with cousins, play with my iPhone (until no battery!.. haha)...

It got late, and my family left my aunt's place like about 2230 hrs.. and then came home to bathe and stuff.. and now blog this before turning in for the nite.. I'm super tired already, but satisfied with all the good food! Yummy!

Ok.. good nite world!

Can't wait for CNY 2011.. haha..,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: