"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, February 14, 2010

cny 2010: day 1 visitation

** Photo on left: My dog, Precious, and I wishes all a Happy Lunar New Year 2010! Gong Xi, Gong Xi!

First of all, let me wish all you readers a very happy Lunar New Year 2010!
May the New Year bring you new hopes and resolutions that would be fulfilled in due course! =D

So on with this blogpost..

It is the usual thing that my family would all meet at my aunt's house (mom side) for lunch and a little chit-chat before we proceed to the rest of our own program in the afternoon.

Frankly speaking, I quite dread myself to go to my aunt's place, because my cousins and myself don't really talk much.. so its just go there and eat and collect angbao only.. I know.. I'm terrible.. haha.. =P

** Photo on right: Chilling out at Starbucks, Plaza Singapura, before the movie starts at 1600 hrs!

We were at my aunt's place like before 12 noon, and this is the earliest we've been there so far.. dun koe why.. but oh well..

We stayed till like about until 2.30pm to 3pm, before we left my aunt's place and head down to Plaza Singapura's GV to catch the movie, "Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief".

I am quite sure that I'm one of the first who started to book the tickets online, when the system allows the public to buy the tickets.

Since it is the first day of CNY, and lotsa ppl maybe present, therefore, I reckon that reserving seats would be necessary.. I would rather pay the extra $1 booking fee than getting a seat that is like so front..
So in the end, I booked a seat like the 2nd row from the back, and it was a good view, without needing to strain my neck =)

And you know what's best? Because I book 4 tickets and I paid by Visa, there is a limited offer of a complimentary tickets.. so that means I pay only the price of 3 tickets for 4 tickets.
*This offer is only valid for weekend tickets!

** Photo on left: The movie we've watched after our Day 1 visitation!

It's been a while since we caught a movie as a family! I think it was about 2-3 years at least!
And the only time we can watch movie as a family is always after the first day of visitations!

Anyway, once we reached Plaza Singapura, I went up to GV to collect my tickets, and because there is still like about 30 mins more before the movie starts, we proceeded down to Starbucks, and I had my usual, Dark Mocha Frappucino! Its a little too sweet but still better than some other places!

The movie was good I must say, and I'm already hoping for the VCD/DVD release of the show.. Wanna buy and watch the show over and over again! I don't mind watching it a second time.. even my sis says she feels like going to the cinema and watch again =)
Some people have said its very cliche, but then I personally don't think so.. I like the action and the pace of the movie.. very nice.. the CGI is also perfect! =)

My family (including myself) is already looking forward to the second installment already.. Word has it that it would be released in 2011 or 2012. So yupz.. Can't wait for it =D

Ok lah.. need to turn in for the nite already.. Had a long day..

Tomorrow is another long day ahead, but I don't mind, because I get to see my cousins (dad's side) and also the Peranakan dinner (which I missed last year, because I was sick!).. so yupz..

Till then.. Adios! =D

Tired but still can go on,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: