"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year 2010 !!

** Photo on left: Group of NS friends whom we have not met each other like for about 3 years already!! Eating steamboat at Xian De Lai, Bugis

Just reached home not too long ago, so this is gonna be quite a short one.. so ya.. just finished bathing, and waiting for my hair to dry.. =)

Anyway, this is a countdown event which was ultra special.. because I have never done a countdown event with my NS friends! All of us were NS bunk mates at my unit, but we have never really gone out before, like today..

So under my friend's recommendation, I have decided to call like some of the more familiar ones to join us for the dinner.. so ya.. so there you go.. =)

** Photo on right: Dessert time at Coffee Club, Marina Square

One of my friends, Karyan, had to go off as he is going home to countdown to the new year with his parents.. so its the rest of us heading to Coffee Club @ Marina Square, for dessert and just chit-chat.

We ordered our own drinks (with me ordering my usual, Ice Earl Vanilla) and their signature dessert, Muddy Mud Pie, to share.. and it was so good.. haha.. And because it is super warm and humid outside, we sat for a while and then proceeded a little cam-whoring with my Canon IXUS camera.. haha..
The aircon and seats at Coffee Club were so comfortable, that it made me almost want to sleep.. haha.. but oh well.. Nothing to do, so camwhore loh.. =P

** Photo on left: My favourite firework shot (Marina Bay Countdown 2009) of the nite!

It was about 2145 hrs that we left Coffee Club to Marina Bay.. and guess what.. everywhere got block by police and all.. and it was only about 2220 hrs, that we finally reached Esplanade.. so ya.. its that bad!!
The crowd was also like too squeezy, that at some time of the walking, I felt giddy.. it could be the lack of oxygen.. so ya..

Then we walked and walked onto the Esplanade bridge footpath, and found a space to sit.. The time was 2230 hrs, and we are half and hour into the new year!

The wind was really cool, and we just chat about anything under the sun.. all these just to pass time only..

When the time came to be 2357 hrs, everyone was in high spirits, and at the stroke of midnight, suddenly everyone was so excited, and then fireworks began to lit up the sky.. that's where I whipped out my camera and just take only..

My camera is not those super good kind, and therefore, it only can take photos not consectively but at intervals.. so ya.. so not fireworks were shot are reflected in this blogpost..

** Photo on right: Another of my favourite firework shot at Marina Bay Countdown 2009!

There are more photos of this event (including fireworks) in my Facebook, so if you wish to view them and you are a friend of mine in Facebook, pls. go login to your Facebook and see those pics.. so ya..

Judging from my "dumbness" in photography and a slow camera, getting those shots were considered good enough for me, though most of it appeared a little blurry.. haha.. but at least I tried =)

As the fireworks shot in the sky, I teared a little, becos it was a very touching moment, and suddenly, all of the bad things in Year 2009 just flashed past me, and its like the fireworks were it shot up and vanish into thin air.. so ya.. a little emotional there, but still no tear was seen.. =)

Then after the whole thing finish, the next hurdle to cross is going home.. It was a lot of people again, and I'm so glad I manage to do so.. I estimated my time to reach home was 0130 hrs this morning, and true enough, I was spot on!

As mentioned earlier, I just finished bathing, and now blog this blogpost, before turning in for the nite.. super tired le..

Ok.. this blogpost is done.. finally!
It's almost 0200 hrs already.. ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZ..

The fireworks are beautiful,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: