"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, December 10, 2009

It was well-worth the 4hrs wait!! Woohoo~

Apple iPhone 3GS Black - A touch of class on its own!

I was just a day late.. Believe you me, that I actually wanted to join in the midnight launch of the iPhone @ Paragon yesterday (08 Dec 2009 - 12 midnight, which is technically the start of 09 Dec 2009).. haha.. crazy rite? But I had to work, so no choice..
Moreover, I had to help my colleague in her project trial, so not possible to take leave lah..

Just yesterday, then I know that today I will knock off early from work, and therefore, because I reserve the iPhone, I had to collect it anytime from 09 Dec to 11 Dec.. after which, they will release to public, and I have no guarantee that I will get mine though I reserved a set!

So after work today, I immediately rushed to Paragon from my lab, and by the time I reached there, it was already 6.30pm.. And I queue 2 hrs (ie. 8.30pm) to take my queue number, and waited for another 1.5 hrs for my turn to be served by the Customer Service Officer. By the time I've paid for my handset and stepped out of M1 Paragon, it was already 10.30pm! So you can see.. I queue 4 hrs altogether just to get my iPhone, and NEVER in my life that I was so crazy about something, that I queue 4 hrs for it!

But now I feel powerful.. haha.. having one of the most sought after gadgets, and its one of my favourite brands, Apple!!
But that aside.. Actually, this phone is very good.. Its indescribable! You have to own one yourself to experience it yourself!
You cannot compare this to Nokia or Sony Ericsson because this is totally different! Even the functions are different.. so ya.. there are pros and cons of this phone.. but nevertheless, I still like it =)

Anyway, I paid $248 for this phone of mine (16GB 3GS Black), because my plan is at $56 per month (which includes a free local 12GB data bundle, which is like quite impossible to use up within a month - at least for me!!).. but not much difference, since I'm paying like $49 every month on my subscription already.
I was also quite tempted to get the 32GB version, but by thinking it through, I may not need so much space anyway, so what is the point of paying so much?

Then I also bought a set of screen protector (3 pcs) and a silicon case for $68. And because I had a MacBook, and know that Apple products must buy the warranty no matter what, I bought an extra 1 yr warranty @ $79.20, which was a 20% discount from the usual $99, because I reserved and it was like their opening special or something.. so ya..

So if you add the total of how much I spend, it was $395.20!

So this is my 2nd self-Christmas 2009 present and reward to myself for working so hard this year.. Quite an expensive present actually.. the first being my Fujitsu laptop, which in total (plus accessories), it has costs me about $2000++. So ya.. quite an expensive present this yr to myself, but I guess these are all essentials, because both all cannot make it le.. so ya.. So at least I got my essentials! =)

Ok lah.. I'm very tired from the queueing and over-exhausion from the excitement of my new iPhone, so if you excuse me, I will continue to explore my iPhone, and sleep a little late tonite, as I took leave for tomorrow (because reports have been said to queue at least 5-6 hrs for it, and I worried that I will get home late tonite, and not having enough energy to work tml!)

Ok.. really gtg le..

A proud owner of the Apple iPhone 16GB 3GS Black,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: