"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, December 13, 2009

D&D 2009 was fun!

** Photo on left: Wellness Committee 2009 @ Cerebos Masquerade Ball

It was a D&D which I will never forget.. Never did I know I look so smart in full black with a champagne gold tie.. and man.. even the ladies look so beautiful! haha..

But the day started off super early!! I was at the hotel since 1330 hrs to prepare and all.. We started preparing the tables and prizes and all.. There were altogether 100 prizes which we must arrange and all.. Quite a feat, but we managed it!


** Photo on right: The only 3 guys in the Wellness Committee 2009!

At 1400 hrs, the ladies went to the booked day room to bathe, change and all. And by 1600 hrs, the 3 guys (including myself) went up to the room to bathe and change.

The ladies have hired a makeup artiste @ $65 nett each (which is expensive if you ask me), but man.. the makeup artiste actually did quite a good job and they look so pretty and elegant!~ Haha..



** Photo on left: Photo with my CEO!!

And not only the girls got all dressed up, we guys do our best to dress up as well!

We of course would not spend so much money on dressing up, but its just that because everyone is looking nice and all, and moreover we are the committee members, we must dress our best also lah..

So its like super madness in the room.. You will see at one end of the room, the girls sat still and they were patiently allowing the makeup artiste to make them look pretty and all, whilst on the other end of the room, the guys were actually facing the mirror and doing our hair and making sure everything is in order (and yes! I'm guilty of this.. wahaha)



** Photo on right: The 2 MCs for Cerebos Idol Nite 2009 reunites in this D&D!!

Then we proceeded down to the Ballroom to prepare for our fellow colleagues arrival, and it really felt as if we are the "brothers and sisters" of a wedding couple.. haha..

And man.. it was quite hot (esp. for us guys) because we were like in a gazillion layers (ok.. I'm exaggerating.. only 2 layers - shirt and coat).. but when all of us took the photo together (ie. the theme is all black, whilst the guys have a champagne gold tie donned on us), we actually look good.. haha.. self-praise =P

** Photo on left: Colleagues acting a skit (directed by Irene Ang of Fly Entertainment!)

And so our colleagues came in, and we did the necessary registration procedures for them.. and some of them were engaged in the pre-dinner foyer activities, whilst some were taking the self-portrait by a professional photographer (like what I do every year!)

But it is during these events, that you can see people (like my CEO and CFO/EVP) actually dress up to the theme, and I really applaud them for being so supportive! =D

** Photo on right: A toast to the Wellness Committee 2009 (after the event!)

During the dinner, I actually had a lot of fun!~.. went to stage like 2 times : one time is to be a prize steward by passing the prize to my CEO, and another, is for a stage game! The stage game was quite embarrassing but since its all for the name of fun, so be sporting a bit loh.. Glad all of them had a great laugh though!

During the dinner, there was also this skit whereby some of our colleagues put up, and its directed by Irene Ang of Fly Entertainment (and yes.. she is Mrs Phua Chu Kang!).. it was really hilarious.. but the persons who were acting the various role were even more hilarious.. Had a good laugh lah!

** Photo on left: Guys taking a photo again after the event is over!

And I wasn't in so much luck this year in the grand lucky draw.. won only a 92th prize, which is a $30 CHOICE voucher.. haix.. I was hoping for a camera or camcorder.. oh well..

Did some distribution of lucky draw prizes after the whole event, and it is a tradition that after the D&D, the Wellness Committee will toast to each other for a job well done and to end the year with a high note! And that's what we did!


** Photo on right: Ok.. this is under my suggestion, and some of my fellow colleagues in Wellness Committee 2009 actually was gamed for it! Kudos!

And of course, more cam-whore moments even lasted after the event itself! And me and my ideas, the photo you see on the left was my idea! And man.. I applauded the girls for being so game to try this pose.. and of course, not forgetting the male lead who has also bravely take this pic.. haha..
But doesn't this look so Hong Kong TVB drama serial cover? haha.. I'm not bad ya? =)

After that, packed up and took cab home (since can claim by company).. and then have a quick shower, before writing this blogpost, which is why this post is like super early in the morning le.. so ya..

Ok.. I got to turn in le.. I had like 1 full glass of Suntory whiskey (which I heard it is fermented in a wooden barrel for 20 years.. which is why there is a "woody" taste!), 2 glasses of red wine and 5 glasses of white wine at the dinner tonite.. a little "high" le.. haha.. who wldn't after 8 glasses? haha.. oh well! Got to run!!

I love my outfit at D&D 2009 tonite!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: