"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Family Christmas Dinner 2009

** Photo on left: Family @ CafeVic, Carlton Hotel, for our annual Christmas Dinner 2009

Phew! Time pass so fast.. its like just 1 year ago that we had our Christmas dinner @ Copthorne King's Hotel.. and 1 yr later, its Christmas again, and this time, it is actually at CafeVic in Carlton Hotel, Singapore.

CafeVic was the same restaurant where I had earlier in the month, came and dine with my overseas colleagues who were down for the marathon). And I'm glad that I've made a good choice, because my parents enjoyed it a lot.. =D



** Photo on right: My meat platter! - One of the meats on the plate is actually roasted rabbit meat! Guess which one! *Hint: Its near the ham!

The spread was quite sufficient. It is actually better than Orchard Hotel.. haha.. but the price also very nice.. CafeVic is charging me at $72++ per adult.. so ya..

Anyway with that said, the photo you see on the right is my ONLY meat platter for the night, and on that plate you see, is 1 piece of roasted RABBIT meat! And yes.. you saw it right.. roasted RABBIT meat!!
If you guess it right, the rabbit meat is the one that is just to the right of the thick slice of honey baked ham. The taste was a little weird.. it taste just like chicken, but its just that at the end when you are done with chewing and you want to swallow, some part tasted a little bit sourish (just a slight sour taste!).. And I didn't like one bit of it.. haha..


** Photo on left: My favourite dessert of the nite - Unadulterated mixed berries!! Woohoo~

I had like some of the seafood like raw oysters, sashimi and all.. but I didn't took photo of it.. paiseh..

However, the photo you see on the left was my favourite dessert of the nite! Apparently, you can take whatever berries that is available, and the toppings would either be icing sugar or fresh cream.. and of course, I would go for the icing sugar!


There were altogether 5 different berries in this photo -
(a) Gooseberry
(b) Raspberry
(c) Blueberry
(d) Blackberry
(e) Strawberry

And I tell you.. it was the most fantastic dessert that any restaurant can offer, and because of this dessert, CafeVic is getting brownie points from me =D

** Photo on right: Pineapple sorbet with mix barries!

Then came the conquering of the ice-cream counter!
I have actually wanted to take the chocolate and pecan ice-cream, but there was no more, so I had to settle for the pineapple sorbet, which was good! I added in the raspberries, strawberries and various toppings and man, it taste even better! =)

I think this would be enough to make me hungry, becos' too much acidic fruit le.. haha..


** Photo on left: The chocolate platter

Then I proceeded to my favourite dessert section, and low and behold, I had the chocolate counter.. haha.. so I took log cakes, choclates and some other chocolate stuff! And man.. the chocolate is really good, because they are bitter! Yummy!

But I reckon the calorie intake of this is super high, but I don't care.. One year one time only leh =D

Besides, people also say chocolate makes one happy, which I guess I am even right now as I write this blog =)

** Photo on right: My usual "smile to the camera" picture!

Shortly after we are done with the food, we started to camwhore.. and that is where I've used some of my photo apps in my iPhone.. and the results were not too bad..
But too bad I'm not a photographer lah, or else the photos would be nicer..

If you have noticed, I'm actually wearing my new spec.. haha.. Not too bad right? My mum said my outfit today looks like a PE teacher.. haha.. so flattered loh! =P


** Photo on right: The Christmas lightings at Raffles City

After we have finished our dinner, we proceeded home.. and on the way, guess what.. the Christmas lightings were too nice to be missed.. so I've decided to whip out my camera and just take the lightings!

Wonder how much and how long they take to plan, and all.

The weather was also cooling.. and its like as if we are experiencing some kind of cold chill.. haha... its been a while since there is such a chill loh!





** Photo on right: Another look at the Christmas lighting in the Marina Bay vacinity!

People were also whipping out their cameras to take the lights..

I saw one uncle (should be about 60 yrs), actually is an avid photographer! He mounted his XLR onto a tripod, and he started clicking away.. machiam the lights are fireworks.. haha.. but oh well.. people take it as their hobby mah... Cannot blame them lah..


** Photo on left: Precious (my dog) wearing the "Robin Hood" hat which was complimentary from Carlton Hotel

Then came home, and then proceeded to camwhore the photos with my dog.. and man.. ain't see cute!!

When my mum put it on top of Precious, she was so scared that she didn't move.. My mum need to coax her, so that she would let us take the photo.

Of course, Precious struggled with my mum when the cap was to be put on her!





** Photo on right: Little Miss Precious (my dog) wearing the princess crown (courtesy of Carlton Hotel as well!)

Then came another crown. This time, its like a Princess crown..

And again, Precious struggled initially in the beginning, but after that, she sat so still and wait for us to take photo of her!

Not only does this camera has my dog'S (Precious), pictures, my iPhone also has quite a number of her pics.. my dog is simply adorable!





** Photo on left: Awww.. giving little Miss Precious (my dog) Princess, a kiss!

And the photo you see on the left is my favourite photo.. so cute rite? It simply took my breathe away.. sigh..
But she look very cute right =)

Anyway, CafeVic is a good place for such occasions.. Think will go back there again someday =D



Loving my Christmas weekend,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: