"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Makan and more makan!

** Photo on left: The Best of Taiwan Porridge @ Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore.

Hohoho.. finally I'm free.. and to celebrate this occasion, I gave a treat to my parents.. and we proceeded to Goodwood Park Hotel to eat the ala carte Taiwan Porridge Buffet.. the spread was not too bad.. but did I mention that the desserts were the best? I love the dark chocolate cake and the lime sorbet ice cream.. best of all, it only costs $33++ per pax (which includes unlimited servings of porridge, food and desserts!)..

This I can say is much more worth it than the one I had at Oasis Restaurant, where everything is ala carte.. so ya..
So porridge lovers, what are you waiting for? Its only valid till 30 November 2009 @ Coffee Lounge, Goodwood Park Hotel Singapore!

(If you pay with a UOB card, one dines free with 3 paying adults! - which means you pay for 3 adults, and the 4th adult gets to dine for free!.. cool huh!!)

And its the time of the year where I will buy mooncakes for my family too.. This year is amazing.. I didn't buy any durian snowskin mooncakes, but instead, bought quite a few of alcoholic ones from Bakerzin, and the fruity ones from Goodwood Park Hotel (minus the durian mooncake, which I find so-so only).

A brief description of what I bought are as follows:

** Photo on right: Mooncakes from Bakerzin.

Bakerzin

Assorted Truffle Mini Snowskin (8 pcs for $36 nett)

- Brandied Cherry : 2 pcs
- Rum & Raisin : 2 pcs
- Pink Champagne : 2 pcs
- Single Malt Whisky : 2 pcs

This is in fact the first year where I bought alcoholic snowskin mooncakes.. there is always a first time mah.. =)

** Photo on left: Mooncakes from Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore.

Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore

- Soursop Paste in Snowskin (New! Flavour) : 2 pcs - $23.54
- Mango with Pomelo in Snowskin (Back by Popular Demand) : 2 pcs - $23.54

This costs me a total of $47.08, but because I paid by Citibank credit card, I was given a 15% discount, and I only paid $40. Cool huh?
(But offer of 15% discount is not valid at Takashimaya & Vivocity, so I went to Goodwood Park Hotel itself to get it loh, in order to be eligible for the discount.)

So ya.. spend quite a lot today, but it was at least well-spent.. for parents, ok lah.. =)

Okok.. I'm tired already..
Still feeling so full despite we left the buffet place like 2.5 hrs ago, but nevertheless, need to sleep already..

I love porridge,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: