"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, September 25, 2009

ICT over~!

Finally.. my ICT is over.. 3 weeks of being green just irks me!
But there are pros and cons of being out of ICT..

Pros:
(a) No more green uniform.
(b) No more early wake up timings (like 5 am - 6 am).
(c) No more "Eric Tsang".. haha.. =P

Cons:
(a) "Holiday chalet" is over.
(b) Seeing some people who is a little wee-bit irritating.
(c) Pile of work to be completed back in lab.

The past 3D2N in field camp was just a plain torture.. You may think an OC Runner where got torture? Just sit back and follow instructions.. dun need to 'chiong sua'.. it's true to some extend, but what you don't know are as follows:

(a) Kenna 18 mosquito bites on both hands and thighs during the entire 3D2N field camp period, despite burning a LOT of mosquito coils.

(b) Surviving on only about 4-5 hours of sleep each of the 2 nites, and its usually after 12am-1am, then I can turn in for the day..

(c) Sleeping in the most awkward locations:
(i) Back seat of the Rover vehicle [where it is all metal and only has a width of about 50cm)
(ii) On the roadside
(iii) A tentage located in the MIDDLE of the dense jungle, and tall vegetation all around.
(iv) On a GS bench (which has only a length of about 1.2 metres to 1.5 metres, and width of about 0.5 metres)

(d) Not able to defecate for 58 hours.

(e) Not able to bathe and change clothings (underwear, socks, uniform) for 58 hours.

(f) Spectacles suddenly broke almost into half, and that was only the beginning of field camp day 2.

(g) Oily hair and face.

(h) Inhaling much mosquito coil smoke and second-hand smoke from cigarates.

But now, its all over.. but I'm still having this occasional splitting headache (although I slept from 2100 hrs yesterday to 0600 hrs this morning to go back to camp for my ICT out-process).

I think I have not recover enough, so gonna sleep early tonite, and miss church tomorrow again to recover from my fatigue.. because I have to back to work on Monday (28 Sept), and I know that if I did not have enough sleep, I won't be able to concentrate on my work.

But at least all I can say is that at least this ICT, I have made at least one more good buddy (because he is my buddy in field camp, and we are only 2 HQ personnels who stayed outfield.. so its helping each other out..).. but anyway, got his contacts, so we will be contacting each other loh..

Ok.. I think I talk too much..
I need to turn in for the night already.. *Yawnz*

ICT out, Cerebos in,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: