"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, August 30, 2009

TGIW (Thank God It's the Weekend)

** Photo on right: The results of my retail therapy, which I can say made a little wee bit happier, when the past week is filled with nothing but 'downs'!

Wow! I didn't know that this would be my 1000th post.. haha.. I talk a lot.. haha..

Anyway, this weekend is somewhat cool.. Just the past Friday (28-Aug), I've stayed office till about 2200 hrs to do up my performance appraisal for 2009.. My submission date would be by mid-Sept, and by then, I'm on reservist, therefore, no time to do..
So I thought to myself, since there is like no time already, and I don't have the necessary information at home, therefore, I've decided to like stay on (yes I know.. its a Friday nite!) and finish my performance appraisal as much as possible!
But sadly to say, I couldn't finish on time.. I'm only 80% done.. so ya.. the other 20%, I shall see how loh.. =)

And then Saturday came.. and I actually ran my usual 6.54km run.. and then afternoon, went to church, and then went with a few of my church mates to some steamboat restaurant in Vivocity.. the food so so only, but what can you expect from $22 per person right.. Variety is also not as much.. so ya.. oh well..

Then the highlight of the evening came.. was actually proceeding to Starbucks, when Tjow actually asked me to follow him to Adidas, as he wants to ask for an opinion on an apparel he wanted to buy.. so low and behold, he saw one of his SP students working there, and man.. Because we are Tjow's friends, he got us 30% off our purchases (becos' its staff discount!).. and not only I bought, but a few of us bought as well.. becos they (including myself) have been eyeing on some stuff for very long already, and just wait for the right moment.. so ya.. so yesterday was the moment loh.. haha..

I bought the following (which is also in the photo!)..

- AESS 3 Stripes Polo (ClimaLite Cotton): UP - $49, and after 30% discount, it became $34.30. --> Look at above picture, shirt no. 1

- ADIColor 3-Stripes Treffoil T-shirt: UP - $59, and after 30% discount, it became $41.30. --> Look at above picture, shirt no. 2

And these discounts got me a whopping savings of $32.40, and its a LOT!!

So this retail therapy really made me happy.. who is not happy when he saw something he likes right =)

And there is one great piece of news, regarding off-peak cars (aka. vampire cars - because they only come out before you can see the sunlight.. haha.. what a nick!).. and it makes me think even further whether I should get one next yr (provided I can afford one.. haha).. Click here for more details.

Yupz.. this is so far about my weekend..
Just hope my coming week won't be as bad..

Adidas - Nothing Is Impossible,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: