"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A step of faith!

StanChart Singapore Marathon 2009 on 06 December 2009

I'm taking this huge step of faith this year, because I have signed up for the 21km StanChart Marathon 2009.. I didn't took part last year, as I was involved in OCC Youth Camp 2008 as Camp Chairman.. so this year (2009), I have relinquished my appointment, and thus, I would be able to join now..
I'm indeed challenging myself this time round (to run 21km), as the JP Morgan Challenge earlier this year (just 5km), was quite a bit of a torture.. a lot of people, and I almost "died", though my weekly jogs are like 8km.. hmm.. maybe its the time factor? Because the JP Morgan Run is in evenings at about 5pm, whilst, StanChart Marathon starts at 6.45am.. so ya.. maybe I'm used to running in the morning bah, and tat is usually the time I wake up for my weekly jogs.. so ya..

Joining this StanChart Marathon has its worthy causes too! Because for every 1km I run, my company, Cerebos, will donate $100 on my behalf, to The Straits Time Pocket Money Fund, and for this event, I have easily solely raised $2100 for charity.. So ya..

But then, this would mean that I have more training to do.. haix.. looks like I have to buck up on my running le..

Jiayou!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: