"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, July 26, 2009

How I love retail therapy!!

** Photo on left: PUMA Originals YarnDye Pique Polo (Dark Olive Green)

It's been a while since I've really done some retail therapy.. and since hands are starting to itch, and still quite free, decided to head downtown to see see look look, and hope to buy something loh..

I had a birthday gift of $30 TANGS voucher, and I was thinking that I might as well just head down to TANGS Orchard to look see look see..
Cldn't find anything at first, but after careful observation, spotted this PUMA polo tee you see on the left!

It was priced at $59, but after that $30 voucher I had, I had to pay only $29. Not a bad deal right?? Moreover, its my favourite colour (ie. green)! =)

** Photo on right: iPod Nano 4th Generation Armband

If you didn't know, ION Orchard has opened its doors to the public as of 21 July 2009 onwards.. and me being the inquisitive one, decide to take a look for myself.. Went with my parents of course..

The main ION in ION Orchard was quite boring, becos everything was branded stuff, and those super high end kind.. so ya.. but the supermarket, Thirty-Sixty Market Place (operated by Dairy Farm Group - which manages Cold Storage), was quite a sight.. And by the way, didn't I tell you, I love supermarkets? Maybe its because of my love for food, which is why you ask me go supermarkets, though its those that I walk over and over again, I can still walk for hours (depending on the size of the supermarket place).

Then I decided to walk to this place called ION Station at Basement 4 of the building, and man.. it was then the place where I can really say shopping.. The familiar brands are like Fox, G2000, etc..
Just then, I chanced upon a shop called Epicentre, and man.. ain't I excited!

Went it to check the place out, and I chanced upon the iPod armband (for use of my weekly runs, as well as the planned StanChart Marathon 2009, happening in December 2009).. decided to walk round the stall to see see look look before deciding, becos' I always have the habit of impulse purchase..

Just as I walk, one service person came over to serve me, and the surprising thing is that he knows my name.. I looked up and saw one of my secondary school buddy (who happens to be in the GOH contingent last time as well as stay just abt 15 mins away from my house!), ZiJing.. And we had a short chat, and he asked me what to buy, and recommend me some stuff, which of course I knew he was trying to push up his sales.. haha..

Then I asked him whether got staff discount, and he said that it would be too obvious that he is buying for a friend.. so it would be best if we do "under-table".. haha.. but oh well, I didn't want him to lose his sales, so I just decide to buy it using my EpiCentre card, which offers me a 5% discount, and not very great actually! Got it at $52.25 after discount, from the original of $55..

Then had dinner with parents, and came home to blog this post..

Going to sleep now.. long week ahead.. sianx,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: