"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, May 02, 2009

My crab-craving satisfied!!

The Star of tonight's dinner:
Black Pepper Crabs @ Eng Seng, Still Road, Joo Chiat

I had satisfied my crab craving today.. I have always wanted to try the black pepper crabs from this so-called famous stall.. And today, a group of us went (Tjow family, Greg, Jaslyn, Carlise, Christina & myself)..

My verdict? Its nice, but it could have been better if the crabs are bigger and steadier, the sauce less sweet and more spicy (in terms of the amount of black pepper)..
But ultimately, I like it, and if you ask me whether I would go back a second time? I would.. so ya.. do try it if you can! The crabs are really fresh, and the sauce is ichiban.. =)

And guess who we met when we were there? Wendy & Tiffany (close ex-church mates).. haha..
Carlise, Tjow & Jaslyn had agreed that it is abnormal today at this place we eat crabs, because usually, you will have to wait for at least 15 mins for a place to sit, and people will be pressing you to give up your seats, the minute you finish your stuff.. But today, we didn't have such a situation.. so ya.. according to their speculation, it maybe due to their competition, House of Seafood @ 180, Yio Chu Kang, where Carlise said she ate there last week, and its comparable but much more spicier.. so ya.. oh well.. shall give it a try next time..

Then we all go for Udders ice-cream.. Had my Choya Lime Umeshu.. I tell you.. this is really very very very very good.. If you like sour stuff, and into sorbets, this is the one for you.. I was so satisfied with the flavour that I bought a pint home, but because its an alcohol flavour, this costs $15.90.. expensive but worth it.. gonna share it with my family.. =)

Bathe and got home and blog this blogpost loh..

Tommorow is Sunday, and it would be the day where my dog goes for a routine haircut, and a whole lot of other stuff will happen at VivoCity tomorrow (because this is where my dog will do her grooming).. so ya..

Crab-li-cious,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: