"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 01, 2009

My Labour Day Holiday...

My Labour Day was spent with family..

Went to see my grandmother at the nursing home (but becos' of this stupid swine flu, only 2 persons were allowed to do so, and therefore, only my dad and mum went to see my grandma).. And I had to be left hot out in the sun.. haix..

Later proceeded to Tampines 1 Shopping Centre.. It was a so-so mall only (at least better than Tampines Mall & Century Square), but it still cannot compare to my favourite Suntec City Mall & Raffles City Shopping Mall..
I only like the basement level of Tampines 1 Shopping Centre, as that is where my favourite part of the shopping lies.. Cold Storage Supermarket & Food... so ya.. but then again, still cannot compare to Raffles City Shopping Mall (and I luuurrrvvveee Market Place Supermarkets). Raffles City Shopping Mall also has Marks & Spencer, but Tampines 1 don't have.. oh.. btw, did I tell you? I'm crazy over Marks & Spencer breakfast cereals (esp. the berries one.. very nice.. For ppl who like sour stuff - like me, would love it).. so ya..

After 1 hr, decided to leave Tampines 1 Shopping Centre to Raffles City Shopping Centre (where else?!?.. haha).. and I realised that the MacDonalds there (newly opened) is 24 hrs.. what's more shocking is the Starbucks there is also 24 hrs now!! So ya.. one more place to hang out now.. haha..

Ended up at Suntec City Shopping Mall for dinner.. Gave my parents a treat @ Crystal Jade Kitchen.. We had like 6 dishes at $81 after taxes.. which is quite cheap.. here is what we've ordered:

(a) Marinated Jellyfish & Chicken Feet
(b) Yang Zhou Fried Rice
(c) Half Roasted Duck with Curry
(d) 4 steam scallops (which were not very good actually.. not fresh.. it is frozen. Confirm, guarantee plus chop!)
(e) Sichuan Hot & Sour Soup
(f) Mix Vegetables, Seafood & Vermicelli in Claypot

** Of all, the mix vegetables, seafood & vermicelli in Claypot was the best.. I tell you.. you have to eat and then you know what I'm talking about.. It's really good!

And there was a combine deal of items (c) & (d), whereby it costs only $28.80 for these 2 items! There was one option of $28.80 also, but it is only 2 vegetables.. so ya.. not very worth it..

Glad both folks are happy.. What's most important is they 吃的开心! =).. That's all it matters..

Ok.. gtg liaox.. getting tired..

Had a very fruitful Labour Day,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: