"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My first race...

** Photo on right: We (Cerebos) run for charity, passion, challenge & team spirit!

It has been 1 year since I've joined Cerebos, and I don't know whether this is good or bad, because I have never taken part in any marathons and all (I gave last year's StanChart Marathon a miss due to Youth Camp.. so ya..).. being a person who doesn't like running at all (and I still don't!).. but you see.. In Cerebos, running such marathons are for a charitable cause (for every kilometre that we complete, Cerebos will donate $100 to the Straits Time Pocket Money fund).. so you say whether I should run or not loh..
This race is the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge, which spans a total of 5.6km, therefore, by running this race, I had already raised $560 for charity!

Anyway, I had a prior Wellness project meeting (planning for company people to join this event to go round Singapore & eat.. we call it a food adventure trail) before this event, so was in office immediately after lunch..
Originally supposed to be a 1 hr meeting, but there was too many factors to consider and all, and it ultimately became 2 hrs!

Then at 1600 hrs, immediately got changed, and then went down at 1615 hrs to meet the rest (which was the original mtg time, but besides the organisers, I was the first participant! Talking abt being punctual.. haha.. ooppss..)

** Photo on left: My regional HR Vice-president, Michael, and myself taking a picture for the camera!
We are both wearing the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge finisher t-shirt, and the Adidas shoe-bag in front of me was the goody bag.. it contains a water bottle as well!


Once all gathered, the cameras were whipped out and then its cam-whoring.. then, as a warmup exercise, we all walk to Esplanade (the meeting point for this year!).. According to reports, there were about 10,000 participants this year, so you can imagine the crowd..

Waiting for the race to start was a torture.. the heat and humidity is enough to kill.. Fortunately, I had water-paraded myself yesterday nite, or else, I may just suffer from heat-stroke!

The run route this year was the F1 route, so we get to see all the sights and spills that the spectators for F1 season 2008 get to see.. but the place was too many people to run.. paths were also so small.. we spent 6 minutes to get past the start line (clock started ticking immediately when the horn was sounded) and started running..

Just when you thought you can run quite freely, at some point in the race route, bottlenecks were formed again.. so ya..

** Photo on right: Having a mini-celebration after the run at O’Learys Sports Bar & Grill

Because of the humidity and heat of the race day, my clock-in timing for finishing the race was 47 mins 07 secs.. it was considered quite an achievement for me already, considering the current stamina I have, and also the amount of people running.. so ya..
Most of my team mates were only 2-3 mins faster than me.. so ya.. I'm about there lah.. at least I didn't run like an hour plus or something.. so ya.. I'm just glad about the timing loh..

After that, queued for about 20-30 mins for my goody bag collection.. Super packed with people.. managed to get mine after so long of an attempt.. haha..

After that, we proceeded to O’Learys Sports Bar & Grill at the Singapore Flyer for some drinks and food.. It was my second time at the makan place, so naturally, I know the standard of the food is quite good one.. so ya..

Then went back to office, where I just grab my stuff, and share cab home with 2 of my colleagues..
Bathed and now blogging this blogpost.. I'm now feeling super shagged, but satisfied that at least the carbos that I had yesterday was burnt a little because of the run.. haha..

Oh well, I need to turn in liaox.. very very tired.. eyes are starting to close..

Slim fit,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: