"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My colleague's farewell lunches..

Hi peepz.. This is gonna be a week of eating and more eating..

** Photo on left: Executives taking a photo together at Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant.. All look so serious like tat.. haix..

First stop of the week, was my department farewell lunch at Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant..

It was for a colleague of mine, Chea Yun (dressed in black and she sat beside me, and she has been with the company for 2 yrs 11 mths, but I've only known her for 1 year, since I am only 1 yrs old in the company..)

For many instances, all of us in my department are family.. my colleagues are my "da-jies" (since all are much older than me, and I'm the youngest in my workplace [lab]..), my manager being my "ah-bu" and my senior manager being my "ah-ma".. One of my colleague in my main office is 12 yrs older than me, and therefore, I call him "uncle".. so ya.. so much like family liaox..

** Photo on right: Representatives from cross departments come together for a farewell lunch at "The Queen & Mangosteen - Gourmet British Pub" @ VivoCity..

So naturally when one "da-jie" leaves us, I was initially very saddened by the news when it was first broke to me.. but I've learnt to take it in my stride, and unlike my first job [when cheong left] where I got all crybaby and all, I did not become sappy and all this time round!! =).. its not that I'm unfeeling.. its just that it is all part of life.

As if 1 farewell lunch is enough, it apparently doesn't, because members from other departments, would want to have a farewell lunch with Chea Yun as well..
Initially, this idea did not went well with Chea Yun, because she has said so troublesome, and dun want to make it such a big affair.. She has expressed her thanks initially when I wanted to seek opinions as to how many people will attend the lunch if organised and all.. and man.. the replies came in fast and furious.. it came up to 13 pax (including Chea Yun)!

** Photo on left: Another group picture at "The Queen & Mangosteen - Gourmet British Pub" @ VivoCity..

Then it came to the point where I would be the one who chose the location for the lunch and all.. In the end, spend quite a lot of time researching on it, and I came up with a list for Jap, Western & Thai cuisine at VivoCity..

They chose "The Queen & Mangosteen - Gourmet British Pub" as a result.. and this restaurant for one, I didn't try, but when I was doing my research, this very well could be the one that I want to try..

The ambience there was good.. the food was definitely carbo-overload, because almost everything had carbos in it.. But you koe ah.. though its carbo-overload, its very nice food ya koe..

A pity we went there in the afternoon, or else, if its dinner, the place would look much much better!

** Photo on right: Look at all the delicious food we had at "The Queen & Mangosteen - Gourmet British Pub" @ VivoCity..

There was indeed a time of catching up.. laughing.. talking.. munching the carbo-overload food and all..
Glad that everyone had a great time..

Some of my colleagues said that I'm suitable for a Public Relations job.. some also said I'm suitable for a marketing job.. oh well..
Let's just say I enjoy doing such stuff, which is why I had a very strong interest in the tourism and hospitality industry.. but guess that it wasn't my calling to do so in the first place.. so ya..

Oh well.. with the full meals that I had just 2 days ago, and today, no matter how much carbo-block I consume, it will never be enough.. but hope it can help a bit.. haha..
Fortunately, tomorrow is a 5.6km run for me.. and saying of which, why am I still here blogging? I should be sleeping!! haha..

Oh well, farewell lunches are never good, but one shld make full use of the opportunity to enjoy it!

Goodbyes are hard,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: