"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, March 05, 2009

An exhausting 2 days!!

It was an exhausting 2 days, but it was fun.. here's wat happen..

Yesterday was the day after 5 months, where we played badminton again.. and it was okay at first, but the aching part didn't come in till at nite when I reach home and all.. it was quite torturing, but it was expected.. have not been playing for a while, so naturally, pain everywhere..

** Photo on left: Participants of Jog & Cycle @ East Coast Park (33 colleagues came to the event!)

And this evening, becos' I'm part of the wellness committee in my company, I'm tasked to plan this first event of the year, which is an annual jog & cycle event @ East Coast Park..

I was actually only expecting the most 20 people turning up, but the replies I've received after I send out the invitation email, just came in fast and furious!
When the registrations close, I have a total of 33 people coming for the event, and for me, it surpasses my expectations.. so ya.. so I was happy in a way lah!

** Photo on right: Me (being the organiser for the event) giving a welcome speech to all! Nervous sia!!

When we reached there, it was about to rain, but it didn't.. so becos I was the organiser, I had to give a so-called speech, and break the ice initially lah.. I asked each of the 33 persons to introduce themselves to each other, and all were like "huh".. I was like "don't care.. just do it".. haha..
(And I think after so many emails flying around every single employee's mailbox, where I signed off my name after each email, all who came, actually recognised me liaox.. haha.. whether good or bad, I don't know.. haha..)

Even though I had experience of speaking to big crowds, my welcome speech was a bit of a bad thing, becos' my tongue suddenly become tight, and I was stummering throughout.. at one point, I forgotten what to say, and just felt hard to convey the message across.. ha.. I was that nervous! Moreover, mine was the first event to kickstart the whole Wellness program this year!.. so ya..

** Photo on left: Posing for the camera with 2 of my colleagues..

It rained shortly after my speech.. and we waited like 15-20 mins for the rain to stop.. In the meantime, there was a lot of camwhoring.. haha..

It then came to the time when the rain stop, and almost all went for the bicycle rental.. haha.. so besides being the organiser, I had to take photos as well.. haha.. so armed with a camera, went round to camwhore ppl and take their pics.. haha..

By the time the participants are done, and its my turn to rent a bike, it was already 1800 hrs when I started cycling.. and becos I have to help in laying out of the food as well, have to finish cycling before 1830 hrs.. so ya.. not very worth the money I've paid (its $6 for 2 hrs), but oh well.. its ok lah.. company sponsoring $5/bicycle rental.. ha.. so technically, I only pay $1.. haha..

** Photo on right: Posing for the camera before tugging into the delicious finger food from Kriston Catering!

And as all outings, mostly will have food, and this time, it is no exception.. My company ordered finger food from Kriston Catering, and the food is not bad actually.. but heard its very expensive.. haha.. Kriston Catering leh.. dun play play.. haha..

Anyway, tat was more or less my dinner.. and surprisingly, I didn't feel hungry sia!

But like all organisers, must let participants eat first, then they eat mah.. so ya.. when I went back for the food after they have taken the share, there was not much sushi left.. haha.. so I grabbed a couple of sushis.. managed to eat my favourite - the maki with cucumber.. =)

** Photo on left: Colleagues from my department! They are so supportive of me, that they are the first few people to sign up for the event! Thanks peepz!

The night ended with each department taking photos! And ya.. Am so glad that the event is over liaox.. 1 event down.. I've got more events to organise.. let's see..

(a) Idol Nite - July 2009
(b) Food Safari - August 2009
(c) Annual Dinner & Dance - December 2009

Yupz.. ok.. tats it.. glad its all over now.. quite fun to plan actually.. haha.. the Idol Nite would be the next one.. heard I have to go to some pubs to recee.. woohoo~.. Glad to see the nightscene again!
And when Idol Nite comes, I get headache.. I have to memorise songs and choose songs again.. would it be Wong Lee Hom or JJ Lin again or maybe some other singer? I don't know.. let's see bah.. =)

Sleeping for the nite.. starting to feel body ache now (especially the buttocks..)

A successful event-management member,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: