"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Great CNY but sick.. haix..

** Photo on left: Day 1 photo taking with my dog before vistation to my aunt's hse (my mum's side) starts!

How I love CNYs.. my first day of CNY was spend by going to my aunt's hse (my mum's side) for lunch, and some catching up with a few aunties and uncles.. a few of my cousins would also be there, but as they are like 8-9 yrs older than me, so there was nothing much to talk about.. every year is very much the same.. quite dreading to go there actually =P

After the visitation, my cousin gave my family a lift to IKEA Alexander, as it was still early and we didn't want to go home like that.. looked at a computer chair which I so wanted to buy, but then think that I could still do with my current one, so am saving up to buy a new one.. since the current one I'm having is giving me back problems (becos' my back is quite weak.. so sitting long in front of the computer would just give me the backache!)..

** Photo on right: Day 2 photo taking with my aunt's dog (my dad's side)!

The sad thing was that I was actually sick on Day 2 of CNY (which is one of the most fun days out of the 2)..

The day started with me having a bloated stomach and then the whole day, I didn't eat well.. Usually, its a yearly affair that I eat quite a lot (becos all food were chilli stuff - which is my fave).. but my lunch was just a morsel of rice with 5-6 pcs of sambal cuttlefish, and dinner (instead of Peranakan food at my aunt's place) was just 2 small pineapple tarts with a small fruit..
This is really one of the smallest meals I had so far!

It was really torturing.. at some point, I felt like vomitting.. but didn't really suspect that its the common bout of flu lah (or shld I say the onset of flu!)..

** Photo on left: Day 2 family visitation (annual photo taking at my eldest uncle [my dad's side] hse!

But one thing was comforting was that after 1 yr plus of my passing of my driving, I got to drive a trip from Bukit Panjang to Dover, and another trip from Dover to Queenstown!! It was so cool lah!! I got to drive my uncle's car!! It was auto, and this was only my 2nd time driving after I have passed my driving..

Certainly driving without the need of a 'P' plate feels good, but then again, becos I have not drove for so long, and still quite weak in keeping to my lane, I'm still a bit afraid..
In fact, I almost hit another car (probably 30% more and I will hit), becos I was concentrating on the mirrors and wanted to change lane (so took a little wee bit long).. haha.. looks like I can't really multitask.. but thank goodness my uncle was beside me, and he helped to shift the steering wheel, which of course manage to avoid the accident..

Then when I drove to the location, my cousin SMSed my uncle that he forgot to take his bag, so he needs his dad to U-turn.. so it was like my uncle ask me to stop the car, and asked me to go up first, whilst he and my cousin sat in the car to go home and take the bag.. so I somewhat managed to escape the "parking" bit..

Then it came the time where I drove from Dover Rise to Queenstown, and this time, I need to park the car.. I tell you.. I have always been weak in parking (though I manage to do it sui-sui one time during my driving test and WITHOUT mistakes, but becos that was with triangle and pole!), and now, I have to do it.. of course, with a LOT of my uncle's help, I managed to do it (after like a super long 6-7 mins!)..

** Photo on right: Day 2 family visitation at my youngest uncle [my dad's side] hse!

Then it was time from Queenstown back to my house for the annual visitation, and this time, I really cldn't take it liaox.. I actually felt even more sick, so I suggest to my uncle that he take the wheel (becos he offered me to drive again for practice) instead..

After my hse, it was to the final stop at my aunt's hse (my dad's side) in Pasir Ris, but becos I was too sick to even eat anything, I didn't join them.. instead, I just stayed at home, and ate so little that I cldn't believe it!
As mentioned above, I only ate 2 small pineapple tarts and 1 small fruit for dinner.. tats all..
(Quite a lot of my uncles, aunties and cousins kept asking me how I feel and all.. and they kept asking me whether I felt better.. kept telling them that I was all right.. I really appreciate them for their concerns!)

Then I bathe, and went to sleep.. my parents came back, and my mum helped to rub my back with the traditional method.. it worked a bit..

Woke up this morning with still a bit of symptoms and start to feel a little cold.. so I went to the doctor, and I was diagnosed with fever.. so ya.. I waited about 1.5 hrs for my turn, and I was given 2 days MC for my fever (today and tml).. so ya..

Now after taking medicine, felt a little better, though still not well, and appetite has just only improved a little.. so just hope that the medicine the doctor gave me will help me to recover a little..

Ok.. I'm tired.. need to sleep liaox.. hope tml I will feel better..

On the road to recovery,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: