"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 25, 2009

CNY 2009 Reunion Dinner!

** Photo on left: Family photo!

I had one of the most full CNY reunion dinner this year.. it was held at Orchard Cafe, Orchard Hotel..

And becos I'm being the eldest son, therefore, plan to give my family a treat again at this annual affair of CNY..

** Photo on right: My seafood platter!

The spread was fantastic, which includes fresh oysters (which of course I didn't expect it.. but with a price of $78.80++ per pax, if it doesn't come with it, its a pity.. haha)..

Of course, I am starting to have the love for fresh oysters (which were super fresh big and juicy!), and I actually had 8 oysters! (I broke my record of 7 pcs @ Cerebos Active Day 2008 held at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel).

** Photo on left: Yusheng (with Alaska Abalone & Salmon Sashimi!)

Yusheng is also a must-have item at every CNY.. this yr was no exception..

In fact, this year is eat all you can... ha.. and you can eat watever sashimi you want in your yusheng.. and tonite, there were 3 types of sashimi: Salmon, Alaska Abalone & Red Snapper.. but I only put salmon and alaska abalone in my yusheng, and it was fantastic! =)

** Photo on right: My chinese platter (with various delicacies)

And then there was the chinese platter with quite a no. of delicacies like sea cucumber and spinach with baby abalone.

It was very tasty, and you shld have see how many sea cucumber I took.. my goodness.. it is one of my favourite delicacies.. =).. Yummy..

** Photo on left: Posing with a fresh oyster! Oishi-nei!!

I used to eek at the sight/taste of fresh oyster, but will now do so only if its not fresh!
And as mentioned, it was so fresh, tat I took 8 for the nite!! Ha.. It was simply yummy lah!! Tobasco sauce + lemon + oyster = oishi-nei!! *drools*

** Photo on right: Drunken prawns in herbal broth!!

I think this is only my second or third time eating drunken prawns.. so so only lah.. but if you call me to choose, I would rather go for the fresh prawns platter on ice =).. it is much better..

** Photo on left: Dessert platter 1!!

I had 3 rounds of dessrt, and this was my first..

Durian Pengat (which is actually durian moose), was not as good as Fairmont Hotel.. but the desserts were not bad..

** Photo on right: Dessert platter 2!!

My 2nd helping of the dessert.. and you see.. there is another durian pengat.. haha.. I'm crazy about durian!

** Photo on left: Dessert platter 3!!

The last round of desserts.. again, there is the durian pengat.. my 3rd serving for the nite.. and I decided to call it quits.. haha..

Anyway, I was so full, tat I actually experienced cramps.. I actually didn't eat a lot.. just a lot of variety.. hmm.. maybe appetite getting smaller..

Now still can't lose weight.. after CNY, I'm determine to lose, and start my jogging routine again.. so ya..

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. very tired..
Long day tml..

Gong Xi Gong Xi,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: