"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My family Christmas dinner 2008

Today is Christmas Eve and my annual family Christmas dinner is not the usual Western affair.

This year we had it at Copthorne King Hotel.
Click here to check out more..
They got promotion for New Year Day as well.. if you are game to try the food, you can do so..
The food actually is not bad.. I like the desserts (particularly the kueh-kueh), and the prawn mee.. The chicken satay is also not bad =)

Well.. this evening I had one of the worse experiences in a cab.. here's what happened..

I told the cab driver Copthorne King Hotel, and the driver was like "where?"
I then replied Copthorne King Hotel, opposite Grand Copthorne Waterfront.

Then he drive off.. later when in CTE, he asked me, go by orchard or outram?
I said go by Outram.. then he said, Outram cannot go..
I then replied, "why Outram cannot go? Go by Zion Road, Great World City.. cannot go meh?"
(In my mind, I was thinking, "wah.. want to go by Orchard? So you can ke-toh my cabfare right? Because Orchard has ERP, whereas Outram [by the road we are going], don't have any!)

Then he keep quiet.. he drove, and then he was approaching Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, and then I asked him to keep right as he has to U-turn (becos the Copthorne King hotel is directly opposite Grand Copthorne Waterfront, and its so clear that its opposite becos I told the driver directly its opposite).. then he told me cannot turn.. must go into Grand Copthorne.. then I was like "orh.. ok.."
Then he stopped me just at the back lobby of Grand Copthorne Waterfront, and said "there.. King Hotel is here loh.."

I was super pissed off, becos one thing, I was hungry.. another thing is that as a customer, I tell him to turn right, he should listen to me, unless its really a different direction or there is no way..

I then didn't bother to quarrel with the taxi driver.. I just ask the taxi driver to stop, and told him that we will walk over.. I got out of the cab, and showed my displeasure by slapping the door.. not too sure whether its hard, but I think my family and the taxi driver can see my displeasure.. thinking of which, I should lodge a complain.. but oh well.. didn't think of it last nite..

Thank goodness the food was good enough to forget my cab experience.. or else.. my Christmas would be ruin.. haix..

Okay.. gtg and sleep liaox.. very tired..
Since tml is Christmas, let me wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas 2008 =)

Cheers,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: