"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, October 04, 2008

An eating weekend again...

** Photo on left: My dinner place with one of the best Chinese dumplings (aka shui jiao/ jiao zhi) in Singapore..

Guess what! The self-proclaimed food guru (or is it my nickname already? Ha.. don't care!) has found another place with good shui jiaos (aka Chinese dumplings), and it is found none other than in Neil Road itself..

The address is as follows:



Qun Zhong Eating House
21 Neil Road, Singapore 088814
(Tel: 6221 3060)
Business Hours: 11.30am-3.00pm, 5.30pm-9.30pm (Closed on every Wednesday).

Yesterday after church, Christina, Jaslyn & myself went to eat (we waited for about 20 mins for our turn to get into the restaurant to eat!!), and we've ordered 7 dishes:

- 2 bowls of Zha Jiang Mian
- 1 plate of jiao zhi (aka chinese dumplings) (7 pcs)
- 1 steamer of xiao long bao (8 pcs)
- 1 plate of chinese pizza (8 pcs)
- 1 bowl of osmanthus tangyuan (5 pcs)
- 1 plate of tao-sah fried glutinous pancake (10 pcs)
- 1 bowl of sweet & sour soup (serving enough for 1)

Total bill came up to $54, so each one of us paid $18.. so ya.. I feel this $18 is totally worth it lah! The food is good.. what more can I ask for? haha..

** Photo on left: Our desserts @ Ah Chew's Desserts, Liang Seah Street, Bugis

After which, Jaslyn went home and Christina & I went to Ah Chew Dessert @ Liang Seah Street, Bugis, to have dessert..

The dessert was a bit disappointing, despite its crowd.. I tried their Mango Pomelo dessert and I didn't like it, becos they use coconut milk.. but what I did like is the mango pieces.. they were really chunky and chewy.. but that's about it.. so ya..

Think I just gained a few kilograms again.. haix..

I just came back from Starbucks (which I had a Ice-Shaken Passion Lemonade.. very nice!).. so ya.. now blog a bit.. then hang around room for a while.. then go sleep.. actually wanted to pack my luggage for my BKK trip, but a bit lazy.. told you liaox loh.. getting lazy liaox.. maybe tml after my youth leaders' mtg, I will pack.. (MAYBE only woh!! haha)..

Turning in for the night,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: