"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, October 03, 2008

Busy week..

Yes.. my work is starting to pile up.. and on one hand, I'm happy that my project is going.. but on the other hand, its very tiring and for my small puny brain to absorb everything (not forgetting that I also have super short-term memory) is very taxing..

** Photo on right: Brothers Rojak @ Clementi (Argubly comparable to Soon Heng Rojak @ HDB Hub, Toa Payoh)

Admist my busy schedule at work, I still manage to get some good food at Clementi today for lunch.. For such a long time, I wanted to taste and see whether the Clementi rojak (which I have see it time and again on food shows) can be comparable to the one I had at Toa Payoh.. and it sure didnt disappoint!

The prawn paste was thick, with the paste having a full taste of the lime/assam in the paste.
I added a pc of dried cuttlefish (which costs me $1.50 per piece!), and it was not too bad..
The only complaint I had was that its a bit pricy (becos the smallest portion is $3 and the serving of it were equivalent to that of a $2 rojak at Soon Heng), and if it has more peanuts (like Soon Heng!), it would have been better!
But the prawn paste (esp. with the assam juice) is superb! If only Soon Heng can learn from this Clementi brothers.. Oh well..
So becos' I added the cuttlefish, the packet of rojak I had was $4.50.. so ya.. a bit pricy, but not bad.. so tats why I say got standard, and can be compared to Soon Heng @ HDB Hub, Toa Payoh! =)

So ya.. that's about my work week this week.. hope next week wld be better! But oh well, I'm just 15 days away from my BKK trip, so at least that's something that I look forward for! =)

Ok.. gtg and turn in for the nite liaox.. I'm very tired..

A busy guy with only a holiday to look forward to,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: