"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A great Saturday!! =)

I tell you.. This is one Saturday which I really enjoyed it thoroughly!!
And this is one Satureday which I have felt that time has passed so slowly and it looks more like a Sunday, rather than a Saturday! hahax..

Anyway, here is the lowdown on my Saturday!!

** Photo on right: The Generation Joshua group picture!!

First stop its my church's Anniversary Celebration @ Bukit Batok Service Club.. the food I say is not too bad..

Its a 8 course lunch.. And I must say this is the first time that with 10 people on the table, I actually felt full!! Ha.. it must be the heavy breakfast I had in the morning.. I had one big packet of bee hoon! Haha.. so tats why!!

Worship was fine, except that I was having a little stage-fright.. ha.. surprising huh! But it was not as bad as my Idol competition! So ya.. =)

Then after the event, as usual, we youths usually take a combine photo together.. its a yearly affair thing lah.. so there you go.. the photo you see on the above right is the result of our posing, with alvin's wife (aka his camera) working very hard on the day! Haha..

** Photo on left: The poster for the movie, Babylon A.D.

Then we LOBO-ed for a while, before a group of us (Hanloong, Ash, Nat, Andrew & myself) left the building and head town..

All of us were very sleepy on the 30-40 min Bus 174 ride, that we all slept briefly on the bus, and alighted at Dhoby Ghaut, and head off to PS GV Cinema to catch the movie, Babylon A.D., but then the time were like here nor there.. so we proceed over to The Cathay and see whether there are timeslots available.. so ya..

We managed to secure a 5.35pm show timeslot with an unbelievable price of $8 per ticket (instead of the normal $10/ticket, becos I have used my UOB Debit Card to pay!).. So we watched the show whilst having our popcorn..

Frankly speaking, the show has a weird ending, but to pay $8 to watch the action is worth it.. moreover, got my favourite actress, Michelle Yeoh.. hahax.. At least I'm glad I didn't pay $10 to watch it, becos the show is simply overated lah! so ya..

** Photo on right: The boys @ Timbre chilling out!!

Because Ash & I were filling full from the popcorns, so we didnt really eat dinner or something.. Hanloong had to go elsewhere to meet his friends, so its left with 4 of us, and we decided to go Timbre @ Substation just to chill out..

Frankly speaking again, I have been craving to go there.. so it somehow satisfied my craving.. haha..

Under my fantastic leadership, we managed to get in an hour before the "Happy Hour" ends (which is 9pm), and our drinks were all discounted.. our food was also discounted (10%) becos I paid first using my Citibank card.. and guess wat.. I'm now broke.. Pay cheque just came in and I'm broke liaox.. haix.. must control my spending liaox! So ya..

Anyway, I don't know why.. I suddenly felt very "high" even though I had not a sip of alcohol.. ha.. it must be the atmosphere.. and being a rare guest to the group (ie, Nat, Ash & Andrew), I was their "joke subject" for the nite!)..

Andrew & I played a game after the waitress took our orders (and the funny part was that as she is new, she didn't know that Timbre had the Hawaiian pizza.. and she was saying, "Oh! We had that?".. I'm not kidding! All 4 of us almost laugh our heads out! Haha..).. Our conversation was as follows:

Abriel: The waitress must be from China.
Andrew: No. I say from Indonesia.

Abriel: No! I still say China.
Andrew: Ok.. Let's make a bet. See who is right! Whoever loses treat the chicken wings. Come on lah.. I want to eat it.. ok? On?
I've got a lot of Indonesian friends, so I know it one.

** I have not said anything (ie. yes or no) but discussion between Ash, Nat & Andrew machiam already agreed that I'm taking on the bet, when in actual fact, I didn't go anything.. But since they are so enthusatic, I just agreed lah..

Abriel: *Starting to have second tots and whether should I go on with the bet!
Andrew: Ash & Nat, where do you think she is from?

* Ash then tells Nat that both of them dun stand to lose. Either way, they still eat the wings..

** Then the crunch came.. The waitress served our drinks and nobody dared to ask the waitress where she is from.. I pluck out my courage and asked..
(which is very rare, becos' I seldom do this one! I very shy one ok!)

Abriel: Hey.. just wanna ask.. where are you from?
Waitress: China!
Abriel: (*Gives a happy look! I won the bet!) You are from Beijing?
Waitress: Yes.

Abriel: See! I told you!
Andrew: Ya lah.. Ya lah..
Ash: Next time cannot play with Abriel already. He knows his stuff!
Andrew: Ya loh.. Ya loh.. (** then ask the waitress to have an additional order of chicken wings)

Then we chatted the whole nite long.. until its like 9.45pm, which we split the bill left the place for Starbucks @ Raffles City Shopping Centre, for which by then, I was quite stoned liaox (becos of the alcohol!)..

By the time, I reached home is about 11.15pm, and therefore I water-parade myself (to prevent a hangover), bathe, and then blog this post loh.. so ya..

Now I'm very tired liaox.. must be the alcohol.. so ya..

Great Saturday nite, but now I'm broke,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: