"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Mee Khwaam Sook"

Okay peepz.. I koe I have not been blogging.. but have been busy lately with work, and it seems that the nites that I have after work, is really busy until I can't breathe.. its usually the lack of sleep (or maybe I have been sleeping a LOT!) that usually makes me really can't do anything! oh well.. signs of getting old.. hmm.. =P

Anyway, before you all scratch your head and wonders whether the title of this blogpost is considered an error (maybe becos its a computer bug/virus), or worst still, maybe some unpleasant and "forbidden-spoken" words.. let me enlighten you..
"Mee Khwaam Sook" is happy in Thai!

You all must be wondering why am I so immersed in Thai words nowadays? Of course, in my course of my work, I need to converse with a few Thai, Japanese, etc. people, hence, I have been searching for websites to learn basic Thai (for me to write emails that is. I can't speak this!)

But that is NOT the main reason for me to have a blogpost title in Thai! The reason is simple.. if you have noticed my MSN nick for the past 2 days, you would have realised that I'm going to Bangkok for holiday this year with 3 of my other army friends.. These 3 army friends are my good friends, whom we have gone together to KL for our Pre-ORD trip like 2 yrs back! We have made a point after that KL Pre-ORD trip, that we would go on a yearly holiday in the mth of September!
Last year didnt happen, but it happened this year! Woohoo!!!
The idea was actually given birth on 26 July 2008, and you see.. in about a month, everything is firmed up and we are ready to go.. am so excited!

Imagine what I'm gonna do in Bangkok.. Shopping.. Eating (esp. my khraw phao, pad thai, tom yum soup.. oh..)..

We spend about 4 times more that we did, 2 years ago when we were in KL.
We spend $180/pax on accomodation (5D4N - 4* hotel) and travel when we were in KL 2 years back. This time, we spend $708.50/pax on accomodation (5D4N - 3* hotel) and travel.
Mind you that both travels (KL & Bangkok) were NOT from reputable agencies. I was about to go with a reputable agency but then it was quite expensive.. a $35 difference.. so ya.. so if you count carefully, SIN$35 = Bhat$840 (based on an exchange rate of SIN$1 = Bht$24). Quite a lot of stuff I can do with Bht$840 in Thailand! For all you know, Bht$840 can like eat quite a good meal for 4 pax! =).. The wonder of Thailand..

========================================

Anyway, if you want to know, here is the breakdown of my travel details (cost stated below is based on a per pax basis!):

- 5D4N Accomodation @ Asia Hotel (with daily breakfast) with 2-way Singapore Airlines ticket = $359
- Airport Tax (Singapore Airlines) = $180
- Upgrade Air Ticket to "Q" class (ie. able to fly anytime of the day!) = $130
- UOB Travel Insurance = $26
- Credit Card Surcharge (I paid by Credit, so that's why!) = $13.50

TOTAL: $708.50

** Hotel is subjected to confirmation by tour agency.. so ya.. Am waiting for their call to collect both my air tickets, as well as also the hotel vouchers.

** Price above also includes a 2-way airport transfer and a complimentary half-day city tour (but we may or may not go for the half-day city tour, becos a bit wasting time.. we see how lah! =)


My date of departure would be from 18 October 2008 - 22 October 2008 (Saturday - Wednesday).
(Reason being flying on Saturday becos we want to make full use of our time to shop Chatuchak Market, which opens only on weekends!!)

Departure on 18/10 from Changi Airport Terminal 2, SIN (via SQ 970) @ 0845 hrs (SIN time) and arrive in BKK @ 1010 hrs (SIN time).
** Which means I have to check-in at Changi Airport BEFORE 0645 hrs.. my goodness! But I think the night before I can't sleep due to excitment.. ha.. so its ok! =P

Departure on 22/10 from BKK (via SQ 981) @ 1910 hrs (BKK time) and arrive in Changi Airport Terminal 2/3 (only known 2 hrs before arrival), SIN @ 2235 hrs (SIN time).

========================================

So yupz.. that above sums up details of my trip.. Am really hoping that I would get Asia Hotel becos a lot of my colleagues are recommending this hotel due to its excellent locality of the hotel. Its within 3 mins walk to Skytrain (in fact, its even linked!) and 5-10 mins walk from the shopping belt!
I first wanted a 4* hotel, which is like probably a 20-30 min walk from the shopping belt and that would cost me a whopping $800! So if I get this 3* star hotel, I save like SIN$92 = Baht$2208 (based on an exchange rate of SIN$1 = Bht$24)<-- now look at this! Bht$2208 can certainly do wonders!! =).. so ya..

Am now patiently waiting for my tour agent to call for me to collect my tickets.. hmm.. or should I say anxious? wahaha.. =P

Over the moon over a BKK holiday,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: