"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Goodbye Warren!

Giving my brother a farewell treat!

Well.. it was something which I actually don't enjoy giving.. Not that I don't want to spend money, but its the purpose of it! I don't really like giving farewell treats.. and for me, if I give you a farewell treat personally, it means you are someone who has a place in my heart!

But yet, I still have to do it for my brother, Warren.. Haix.. It was quite a sad event lah.. not the dinner was sad, but the purpose was saddening.. haix..

Anyway, shall not talk all these sad things liaox.. a bit saddening lah..

This restaurant that I went serve quite good Thai food (recommendations are the Mango salad & Clear Tom Yum Soup!) at reasonably-priced prices , and the best of all, the ambience of the place.. I've even got a window seat (overlooking the Sentosa coastline) so how cool was that lah! =)
** I've got a window seat all by chance, becos' I only book a place for 2, but the window seat was for 4 pax.. All becos I reserve in advance.. so ya.. so reservation helps lah! =)

We chatted over food (which was like we didn't order a lot, but it certainly multiplied like we have order tons of food!.. or maybe we were not hungry at all? but 2 guys.. hmm) and had a great time of fellowship!
We did get to know more about each other, and I really do mean more, becos' during my stay in my current company, I don't remember Warren telling me so many things about his siblings, parents and his past working experience. It was indeed a good time to learn from his experience, and that gave me great motivation to excel myself further!

We've even came to the topic that next time when I get married, he would be one of the first to be invited, and in the event he has a child, I would be the child's godfather! Ha.. talking about brotherhood huh! =)

Well.. Warren is one colleague which I dared to say that was closer to me than Cheong! I don't know why.. maybe its our characters which click very well, or just that we both are very friendly and have a joker character!

To see him leaving my company is certainly a loss to me, becos there are not many good buddies which I can really click and call buddy or brother.. so ya.. But at the same time, happy for him that at least he is moving on with life and learning something really totally new!

But wat's comforting to know is that at least he is still in Singapore, so meeting up may be infrequent, but not entirely impossible. =)..

So here's wishing Warren all the best in his career and brothers forever! Cheers!!

The one with the red teary eyes over the leaving of his brother,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: