"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A jam-packed weekend!

Yoz! I think ah.. I have not blog for a looonngg time, until at one point, I almost forgot how!! This shows one thing.. either I'm getting old and senile, or simply becos I never blog for a long time liaox..

Anyway, this wkend was really a very tiring one.. with me juggling work and then church stuff.. And I seldom have some jam-packed weekends! Haix..

Anyway, on Saturday, went to church like super early in the morning to help with my Youth Camp 2008 fund-raising efforts.. Well, as a Chairman for this year's youth camp, I must set an example and go down to help.. so ya..

I was the official QC tester, as well also the mixer.. I'm in charge of testing whether the dessert is okay for selling.. well, I do have a very sensitive tongue.. so anything that goes through me, should be good, becos I'm quite particular with some taste.. so ya.. I'm not in the food business for nothing ok! =P

We have spent like close to 3 hrs to finish everything.. so ya.. quite fun lah.. but lotsa work, becos the nite before, I also went to church to peel the mangoes, which were a little bit messy.. and not to mention, tiring too, becos I went after work.. so ya..

After church, went home and rest for the day.. I was out the whole day since morning.. so ya..

Sunday morning came, and the weather was so nice that I didn't felt like waking up! But eventually I did, becos I have promised to go for the Bukit Timah Hill Hike, becos' it is part of our Youth Camp's programme, and we did a reckee for it! So since its like a reckee, why don't we call some of the church's uncles & aunties to join us.. anyway, as the saying goes, the more the merrier..

Alvin led the uncles & aunties the easier route, whilst, Tjow, Jex and myself went the harder and more challenging route, as it would be the route that we plan for the Youth Camp.. if you think the hike is no kick, you are wrong.. the beginning and end was the worse.. but nothing can compare to the summit hut, whereby you must climb like a flight of easily 50+ steps (and they are steep and at least a meter high each!) to reach the summit.. that was the one where I almost surrendered!
And though there was no sun, I was perspiring like mad!! My goodness.. my shirt were all heavily soaked in sweat!! But fortunately, it was a shirt that was quick dry, but I still smell of ammonia after tat.. really stink!

After the hike, went to Bukit Timah market & food centre, to eat brunch.. and there was so many food that we were all spoilt for choice..

Then after tat, Tjow brought Christina & I to Clementi, and it being my second home, I showed Christina as to where is the bubble tea place and the cheap-chicken store!

Came home and followed parents to Vivocity for my dog's grooming session.. My dog looked so cute after grooming.. wahaha..

So ya.. tat practically wraps my weekend.. and now, I'm blogging.. so ya.. Back to reality tml.. haix..

Phew! I can breathe now,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: