"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The day where I worked till 0130 hrs!

Ok.. maybe my long 10 hrs sleep last Friday didnt help at all.. haix..

Yes.. you did see right! I've worked till 0130 hrs this morning not in office, but at home (doing office work lah!).. here's what happened..

My boss leaves Singapore today for her business trip, and she needs to discuss with the ppl there regarding a few projects, and it so happened that one of them was mine.. so she has asked me to do some samples and a summary sheet for discussion purposes..

So since last Friday (1/8), I have been rushing the samples.. then yesterday in lab (my boss was still in), she asked me to do another sample.. and then today asked me to do another sample as well and share with her the sample results via email..

So you see.. I've got so many things "on my plate" to achieve this morning (FYI: A typical simple trial from setup to clean up takes close to 6 hrs!, but yesterday I had a pre-setup, so it only took me half a day.. but then still.. its a lot of work!)..

So thinking that I don't have the time to do it today, I've decided to do it last nite.. after coming home from work (becos I didnt want to stay in office again.. yes.. though I would not be distracted, but the aircon is off after 8pm and that is torturing.. so ya..), bathe and eat dinner.. relax for a while.. and then I drank a can of instant chilled coffee (so that I would stay awake), before I started my office work proper at 2200 hrs.. then I did it all the way till 0130 hrs.. and surprisingly, my mind didnt want to shut down after 0130 hrs this morning! It must have been the coffee!!

So I slept at 0130 hrs this morning and woke up at 0600 hrs to go to work.. Fwah! Tell you.. I felt really sleepy I tell you..

Fortunately, in the morning, my mum made coffee for me, and I had it as my beverage for breakfast.. then after I go to office, had 1 small bottle of Essence of Chicken (EOC) and then started my work.. I've send the document to my boss first thing in the morning, so that I won't forget..

Afternoon came (ie, abt 1500 hrs) and my eyes were getting heavy (becos I'm now into heavy research and doing necessary paperwork), so I cldn't take it anymore.. I drank another cup of coffee becos its like 2 hrs more to knock off work..

So after drinking the coffee, felt more awake, and then I continue with my work loh.. so ya..

Today I was very high on caffeine lah! so ya..

Ok.. *Yawns*.. I need to go sleep liaox.. or else, tml I die whilst playing badminton.. so ya..

Tired guy,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: