"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, August 11, 2008

A Shining-Singapore moment!!

Tao Li, Singapore is proud of you!
You have tried your best!

Well.. today I didnt go to work, so was at home resting and just watching part of the Olympics! I'm indeed catching on the Olympics fever! Who won't? =).. No wonder my cousin, Melodi, has said in her MSN nick.. "Olympics is highly addictive but highly distracting too!" Ain't it true? =)

Anyway, I did catch Tao Li's semi-finals yesterday on Cable TV and the Finals today at 1024 hrs (also on Cable TV)!!. Here is a history of her timings:

2006 Asian Games - 58.96 seconds
(Her national record set @ 2006 Asian Games)

100m Womens' Butterfly Heats @ The Water Cube, Beijing
(09 Aug 2008)
- 57.77 seconds

100m Womens' Butterfly Semi-Finals @ The Water Cube, Beijing
(10 Aug 2008)
- 57.54 seconds
(now her personal best and also set an all-NEW Asian record; the previous Asian record of 58.20 seconds was set by China's Zhou Yafei in Melbourne last year!
Moreover, she is the FIRST Singaporean Swimmer to have qualified in an Olympic Finals!)


100m Womens' Butterfly Finals @ The Water Cube, Beijing
(11 Aug 2008)
- 57.99 seconds
(Failed to win a medal for Singapore but finished an incredible fifth in the Finals!)

Well.. I admit that it was a little disappointing for me to see this 18-year-old girl from the Singapore Sports School to be like "so near yet so far".. but oh well.. this is her FIRST Olympics, and she has got another 2 more Olympics to shine before she calls it a day! So we'll see in the 2012 Olympics then !!

So now, the medal hopefuls for Singapore would be the Table Tennis team.. let's just see whether they can fulfil Singapore's wish of having at least a Bronze Medal after a 48 years wait! =)

Other than catching the Olympics action on Cable TV today, I did not do much today, except that I had a 4 hrs power nap this afternoon, and now as I blog this, my eyes is totally wide opened! Not a good feeling actually! I still got to work tomorrow.. haix.. talking about Monday blues.. but I think it would not be known as Monday blues tomorrow.. it would be Tuesday blues!!
Oh well.. I still have to go to work rite, unless I'm some rich man's kid but unfortunately I'm not.. haix.. =(

End of my looonnnggg weekend,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: