"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My sinful but yummy dinner!!

Well peepz.. for the record, I actually did jog today at my neighbourhood, though I've slept like 0100 hrs this morning (becos of the event that happened last nite).. so ya..

** Photo on right: The black vinegar pig trotters store @ the newly renovated Chinatown market!

Had a so-called "marathon" at church today.. Been there since 1300 hrs all the way till 1800 hrs.. my goodness.. a whole 5 hrs! Super shack lah.. so ya..

But fortunately, dinner was good.. of course, it was all under my plotting.. wahaha.. I was supposed to go shop for ankle socks from adidas and some other stuff.. but my mum was tired, so she didnt want to come out of the house.. so I suggested to buy dinner from the new Chinatown market, since she had not have food from the newly renovated Chinatown market before.. and man oh man.. the photo you see on the right, is EXACTLY the same black vinegar pig trotters that I had mentioned on my 18 July (Fri) blogpost.. I of course had a craving for the black vinegar pig trotters and decide that since we are buying dinner, I should buy some home to share with my mum, since she is also quite a fan of pig trotters as well.. Both my mum and I have a high tolerance for sour stuff, so this pig trotters as I said on my earlier blogpost on 18 July (Fri) really did meet our expectation.. It is not too sweet but yet sour enuf..
It is sour till the pt that my boss who tried it (after I recommend it to her), actually blames me for asking her to try, becos she said that it is so so sour.. well.. I told her before that it is sour, but I think she has forgotten it.. so ya..

Oh man.. I'm craving for it again.. I can just drink the gravy.. the pig trotters I have or dun have also never mind one.. wahaha.. Better stop, after you all say I pregnant or sumthing.. ha.. but what I can say is that close friends would koe my tolerance for SOURNESS is VERY HIGH.. but NOT for sweet or salty.. so ya.. this is me.. the more sour is the food, the better it is.. tat is why some ppl dun like Thailand's Tom Yum becos they say too sour.. but I like it just like tat.. so ya.. but oh well.. this is me! =)
Tjow & Ryan, one day I bring you to this store! You will never see the black vinegar pig trotters the same again after you have taste this store! The gravy is superb!! This is my 2nd time eating it! I just had it last week... so you say whether good or not loh =P

So as you can see, besides the pig trotters, also bought quite a lot of food from the Chinatown Market hawker! It was good and worth it.. I actually didnt koe wat to eat, but I see ppl queue, so I join in the queue, and I am glad to say that it didnt disappoint.. the food indeed was very good.. The Hokkien Mee from Yishun 951 is another example (didnt take the signboard though!).. the hokkien mee is near to perfection.. it taste almost exactly like the Chomp Chomp ex-cook's hokkien mee.. oh man.. One day, if you all interested, you can call me go down to Chinatown Market and eat again, I don't mind lah! They have like got tons of nice food there loh! =) This is what I called cheap and good..

So let me tell you what was the spread tonite..

(a) Chwey Kueh
(b) Black vinegar pig trotters
(c) Fried Hokkien Mee
(d) Yam Cake
(e) Chee Chung Fun
(f) Soon Kueh

Dessert was a slice of Galacier's durian cake (from my house here cake shop.. not bad I must say!) and a Galacier plain donut! =)

So ya.. so you see.. I've put on the calories I've lost this morning, but being a foodie I am, how could I resist? Ha.. but anyway, all these food were shared.. so calories were also shared! =)

Ok.. I can't contain my hunger anymore.. typing more would make me want to crave more for the pig trotters.. oh man...

Black vinegar pig trotters, I love you! Mama-mia!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: