"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, July 14, 2008

The long-awaited buddies dinner =)

Today at work is my start to the induction programe.. Some of the sessions were quite interesting, whilst some is very boring.. I think it really depends on who is the presenter.. saying of which, one of the presenter for a session was allocated 1 hour, but finished it within 5 mins.. so ya.. so we ended early..

At about 1740 hrs, I left main office (which explains why I wore formal today) and went to Fish & Co @ Glass House to meet Sidney for dinner loh!

** Photo on left: Sidney & myself @ TCC, The Atrium

Well.. its been about almost 2 years, and we have not met after we have ORD.. and after much preparation, the day was finally here.. so ya..

This buddy of mine, Sidney, has been one friend who never fails to make my day with his lame jokes and sometimes, his constant suaning of me could be "enjoyable".. ha.. I koe I'm such a sadist huh =)

This buddy of mine has become so indispensable, that I actually treasured our friendship even more, since we have less contact with one another after we were out of NS. Sidney will ALWAYS be my one pal of mine whom I will want to have constant contact with, as well as being one of the must-have guest when I'm holding important occasions like my wedding dinner (wahaha.. machiam planning for my next part of life liaox!)

** Photo on right: The super-fragrant hair and body wash from Marks & Spencer. (UP: $13.90. Now: 6.95)

Though he is 2 yrs younger than me (but his birthday is just 2 days earlier than me!!), we both have some areas which were common, eg: being very image conscious! Sometimes, he will ask me this and that regarding his attire, and I gladly obliged him lah.. One of my best pal leh.. can refuse meh =)

You see the picture on the right? Ahh.. this is what he recommended me to buy, and I'm glad I did, becos its at 50% off, and the smell of the hair and body wash is simply fantastic! I think Sunday or sumthing, I would go buy probably one or two more.. its super cheap and very nice lah =)

Becos' he is one of my best pals, I treated him to dinner @ Fish & Co (Glass House) and dessert @ TCC (The Atrium)..
I've actually promised him 2 yrs ago (when I started working at my previous company) that I would give him a treat, and this treat is long overdue already lah..
He wanted to pay for his share of the dessert, but I refused, becos since I say its a treat, means a treat.. so ya.. I'm a man of my word =)

Then came home, sent Sidney the photos, and then, now blogging.. I'm super tired liaox.. Tml is another day of induction.. haix..

I've enjoyed the dinner & company... Thanks bro! (referring to you Sidney!),
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: