"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The dinner which was so enjoyable!!

Ok.. after yesterday's Cable Ski session, my arms today just got worst! Its aching even more.. oh man! Its either I never stretch before playing, or I actually did not exercise my arms for llooonnggg.. wahaha.. Oh watever!

** Photo on left: Check this out! Click to enlarge! This is a very good article! It got me thinking and agree to it!! =)

As usual, I got my daily dose of the "My Paper" from that super-fierce newspaper lady located at Serangoon NEL every morning..

Its my daily routine to read the newspapers from the start to end of my journey.. you can't do anything else except read right? =)

Then, I was flipping through, and I usually have a habit to read some articles which are of some interest (of course to do this, you just have to see the title whether it interests you!)..

And it so happened that the photo you see on the left is something which interest me, and as I read it, I couldn't help but agreeing to it more!
Click the picture to enlarge and then read it.. I got it from the online copy of "My Paper". After reading, you would be like hmm.. I cldn't agree more with the author.. why I didnt think of this? so ya.. All in all, its a very good article! You see and if there are any comments you want to make, you can tag me at my tagboard all rite =)

** Photo on right: Don't under-estimate this restaurant! This is the place where we have our Post CCG 2008 Dinner!!

After work, cab down with Kian Hong to "The Red House" @ Quayside, Robertson Quay, for our Post CCG 2008 dinner.. Its the company's way of thanking us for our efforts in playing CCG 2008. Though we didn't win, but what matters most is that we've played hard! =).. so ya.. so you want to see the menu? Here is the menu (not in the restaurant's exact words/names) in the order that they came out..

1) Cold Dish/Appetiser - 2 types of cooked squids (fried and boil, garnish with jellyfish).

2) Drunken Prawns in herbal broth.

3) Fish (cooked in Hong Kong style).

4) Spinach with various types of fishcake.

5) Black Pepper Crabs (2 Sri-Lankan Crabs).

6) Chilli crabs with mantou (2 Sri-Lankan Crabs).

7) Deep-fried butter crayfish

8) Mee Goreng

9) Mango Pomelo dessert

And mind you.. these dishes are all like very big serving (and everyone of us there was like wanna give up at some point!).. and also, the dishes were ala-carte based orders.. and they were ordered by my company's HR Vice-President!

By the way, my company's HR Vice-President and me, get along very well! Everytime he see me, he will say "hi" one.. confirm!!

Not only the food was good, the fellowship was also good.. Sat on the same table with Warren and with a fellow badminton player, with some other ppl from other teams.. so ya..
And they joked that I was from Myanmar.. ha.. I was like "what?".. my goodness! Then the question came... they asked me where I was from.. and I answered the obvious answer, "Singapore".. a few of them didnt believe.. they thought I was from our neighbouring country (u all go guess!).. ha.. then I asked them why they say that.. and they say its becos of my skin colour (I'm half-peranakan.. tat explains!) and also my accent when speak Mandarin.. If you have not realised, our fellow chinese race ppl who lives in our neighbouring country actually speaks in an accent which is only very unique to the country.. so once you hear that accent, you know where is his birthplace liaox!
I've explained why I had an occasional accent (which I totally can say that, unknowingly, I speak in a bit of the accent!), was becos of my previous workplace, whom I've communicated like a gazillion times everyday.. so ya.. as time goes by, it is a habit!!

Anyway, the nite went by.. and it was time for us to go home.. my CFO (Chief Financial Officer) offered to give a few of us a lift in his car.. so thoughtful and nice of him hor! =). but sitting in his car, very stressful I tell you! So tats why I kept my silence in the car as much as possible, becos one wrong word, that's it.. so one must be smart when in such situations lah! =)

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. too shag liaox.. eyes closing.. =)

Yummy-and-oh-so-full dinner,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: