"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cable Ski SHIOK!!

** Photo on left: Queuing up for my turn! (I'm riding the kneeboard if you need to know!).. =)

This morning went to office, feeling re-charged.. becos I know I am going to try something which I totally never know how to (or imagine myself doing it!) but have always wanted to try! Its none other than cable ski!

Some of you all may argue that wakeboarding is better.. of course! But then, money is the problem! If I have all the money in the whole world, I seriously wldn't mind going wakeboarding everyday man.. ha.. I've those kind of guy who likes the beach, sand and water!! =)

** Photo on right: The guys before the event starts!!

So when its almost time to leave my lab for the cable ski event location (which is at East Coast Lagoon), I changed into my beach wear and then all of a sudden, felt very comfortable.. haha.. I made a comment to Kian Hong that how nice I can wear like that to office everyday.. hahax..

Cab over to East Coast Lagoon for the event.. reached there and wait like 30 mins for the rest of the group to arrive.. so at last they did.. They got changed, and then we are all subjected to a short briefing!

After the briefing, its time for us to do it!! And the place was a bit crowded, so that's why we need to wait a bit longer for our turn.. each time we wait, we could wait like 15 mins.. so you imagine how many ppl are there!

My first board was called "easy-up" (which is like a wakeboard, but has more buoyancy, and thus, for beginners like us, it is much easier).. but ah.. you think its easy? No loh.. Apparently, I fall into the water like after like 2 metres into the waters! Tried again but then fall into the water at the same spot!

** Photo on left: A group photo before the event starts!! Spot any pretty gals? wahaha..

Just then, I've realised and saw that there was this kneeboard thing, and they said its the easiest.. hence, what I did was to use it and really see whether its that easy..

So that I was, in a kneeling-on-heels position, and lying my body forward and trying my best to keep my chest as low as possible (ie, body "sticking" close to the board), in order to maintain balance.. And the best part is that I got quite far with this.. I actually managed to go like 10 metres into the water, and then swim back to try again.. I then think to myself, this is it! This is the best! I wanna stick with this kneeboard!!

And then, I queued again.. this time, I held on to the kneeboard, and then was in the same position.. and there I went.. this time, I've managed to hold on till half of the enclosed area (which I think its about 100 - 200 metres!), and then fell into the water, becos I didnt really know how to manoevre myself on the kneeboard..

Though I fell into the water, it didnt matter, becos I was very very happy, becos it was my aim to like reach the point.. so ya.. my aim was achieved! And the best thing, I did travel some distance on the kneeboard and it was SSSHHHIIIOOOKKK lah! =)

So now, it was the last time, and I aim to see if I can reach the same point, if not further! But to my disappointment, it didnt happened! I reached almost the same point.. but oh well.. at least that was my initial aim.. so not so bad! =)

** Photo on right: A group photo after the event! A SUCCESS!! Yeh!! =)

After my last turn was done, went to wash up.. and man.. I was hungry!! Fortunately, the organising committee brought some "Hans" Sandwich for us, and it was good lah! Ha.. when you are hungry, anything is nice..

Then its time for us to go.. but most of us guys went to the Lagoon Hawker to eat.. so ya.. ate quite a number of unhealthy food.. It includes fried hokkien mee, satay, chinese rojak, oyster egg and chicken wings.. Sinful huh! Ha..

But wats good is not the food.. instead, its the fellowship between us guys.. ha.. All of us are jokers lah.. so its easy to click with each other loh! =)

Now, as I'm typing this, my arms start to ache.. oh man.. I wonder how I'm going to last tml and into the weekend..

Oh no.. tml eat again.. wahaha.. Post CCG 2008 dinner.. wahaha.. watever! eat and grow fat loh!!

But I can't help to emphasise again, Cable Ski is SSSHHIIOOKKK!! I wanna go do it again!! =)

Arms aching,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: