"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Soup Restaurant makan dinner!

Hey peepz.. The weekend is gone, and its like ending today.. sad.. haix..

This morning as usual, went for my weekly jog.. As much as I didn't want to waste my energy, but its like I've realised I'm growing sideways more and more these few days, hence not very healthy lah.. Though as much as I was initially very reluctant to go, I still persist and I was glad that I did.. becos it would be not much exercise for about the next 2 wks.. becos you see.. on Wednesday (4/6) I got badminton then the Sunday (8/6) I cannot jog.. then next week, Wednesday (11/6) I can't go for badminton becos church camp, and then Sunday (15/6) I then jog.. so ya.. exercise not constant but during these 2 weeks confirm eat a lot one.. ha.. Have to control my diet when I'm in church camp, but that is usually not the case? =P

Anyway, went to church this afternoon with my dad from 1300 hrs - 1730 hrs to do some bible study and church camp and services music practice, then after tat, met my mum and aunt (who is from Melbourne and on holiday and staying over at my house for tonight only) at Suntec for a farewell dinner for my aunt (my other 2 aunts have earlier gone back to their countries, so didnt throw them the annual farewell dinner.. so ya..)..

** Photo on left: The steamed fish @ Soup Restaurant

Suggested to my mum to go to Soup Restaurant for dinner, since my aunt's stomach is not feeling too well.. so ya.. so there we made a trip there..

Had reserved a place at 1930 hrs earlier in the day, so at least when we went there, we've got seats reserved for us liaox..

** Photo on right: Teochew Olive Rice @ Soup Restaurant

Then it was time to pay.. my aunty wanted to give a treat to us, but I was one step faster.. my mum called me beforehand and told me to pay instead, as it is not very nice of my aunt (who is a guest) to pay for the dinner.. So ya..

I was one step faster.. I've approached the waitress for the bill but then the waitress spoiled "all the fun".. I thought she would know our orders and thus, don't need to go back to the table to take the order chit, but I was wrong.. then came my aunty with her bag and insisted that she pay.. but ha.. I did manage to persist to the end, becos I whipped out my credit card and pay immediately and thus, I was able to pay for the bill.. She was quite shocked as how fast I was becos like when she looked up, I was there already presented my credit card to the cashier.. ha.. so the benefits of a credit card really helped =)..

** Photo on left: Their signature dish, "Samsui Chicken" @ Soup Restaurant

The total bill came up to be about $130 after all the taxes, etc.. quite worth it, becos we had like got 7-8 dishes and all of them were quite big portions (not all dishes were in the photos though).. so ya.. very satisfied with the food.. =).. Well.. though its a bit expensive, but then this is a once-a-year thing and moreover, its my aunty, so my parents and me will co-share the total bill (but I pay the amount first lah!).. so ya..

Oh.. before the dinner, I went to the supermarket to get my occasional dose of Brands' Chicken Essence! ha.. need it for church camp.. every morning, I will drink 1 bottle to perk up my alertness, or else, I won't survive.. confirm.. after being to so many church camps, I already got used to the tiredness, so cannot afford to be tired, hence I buy chicken essence to help!
There is a reason why I only buy Brands' Essence of Chicken and not other brand of Chicken Essence.. haha.. close friends of mine would know why! =)... People who know, dun say ah.. You can tell me quietly.. hahax.. shhh...

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. super tired.. tml another new work week.. but nevermind.. a few days more and its church camp.. Yeh! =)

A satisfied customer,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: