"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shopping spree..

** Photo on right: The results of my shopping spree!! =)

Well ppl.. guess wat! I went on a shopping spree today again lah.. Have been spending way too much money since I've got my card.. hahax.. have been swiping like nobody's business man !! I always tell myself to control but it always seemed I can't leh.. haix.. =(

I'm temporarily putting my plans of owning a car on hold first as the cost of owning a car now is super expensive, especially with the petrol and COE prices reaching soaring prices..

I've made an aim.. Once I earn a gross income of $3000 and above, then I will consider.. Right now, I'm not even there yet, so I guess my mode of transport would still be public !.. =) Public transport means can allow me to spend more.. hahax.. kidding.. =)

Anyway, as you have seen the photo above, that is my damage today.. but I bought these things either they were too nice to resist or I actually need it.. Anyway, the following are the cost and details of my "damage":

(a) GAP Polo T-shirt : $59
Reason to buy: They were too nice to resist. Moreover, its super comfortable and they are 100% cotton. Also I'm wearing polo t-shirts to work currently, so this additional polo t-shirt would definately come in handy!

(b) A tie from G2000 : $24.50 (AFTER a 50% G2000 Birthday discount voucher!.. Normal price is $49)..
Reason to buy: Worth it huh? Got it for work of course.. =).. Told you I like ties and long sleeve shirt liaox =)

(c) A leather belt from Fossil : $58.00
Reason to buy: Apparently my current most casual belt is almost gone case, and my casual leather belt (after it has been with me for abt 7 yrs.. and its Giordano product ok! Dun play play ah..) actually has a tendency to turn mouldy after long periods of not wearing.. so ya.. Decide to buy this Fossil belt and thank God that this desired belt was after months and months of searching, and this Fossil belt is exactly wat I was looking for!
Actually, Timberland was the first place where I actually saw my dream belt, but the one I like is actually $110! *gulp*.. Then today at Gap, I saw another one.. very nice, but its $65 and they didnt have my size, so I didnt bother asking them to check other outlets.. and whilst shopping at other places, manage to find this loh.. Nice huh =)

(d) A long pants from G2000 : $34.50 (AFTER a 50% G2000 Birthday discount voucher!.. Normal price is $69)..
Reason to buy: Worth it huh? Got it for work of course.. =).. I might as well get it becos I would be using it quite often =)

TOTAL DAMAGE: $176.00

Actually, I'm so glad I am single (ie, don't have a girlfriend or wife for that matter), NO passion for gaming (be it computer, PSP, LAN or Wii) and clubbing.. All these actually can help save my money for my shopping needs/passion! Having one of the above will definately tighten my finances, judging by me not earning as much as you think I am!

As mentioned earlier, all I want is a personal vehicle of my own, to fetch friends and parents around.. but guess my friends or parents who actually yearns to sit my car and "test" my driving have to wait a wee bit longer, unless I turn into a multi-millionnaire overnight or strike lottery, but that is highly (and in fact!) IMPOSSIBLE! So its wishful thinking on my part.. But since I'm determined that I would get a vehicle of my own, I will surely make a point to get it, but its only a matter of when! =) So my dear friends, you have to wait ya =)

Actually I want to buy another 2 items, but I'm waiting for the Great Singapore Sale (GSS) then I buy.. Wanna see whether there is sale for it before I buy =).. even there is a discount of 10%, I will also buy =).. Anyway, the 2 items are:

(a) 2 pcs of Adidas singlet (for my weekly badminton sessions), but they are currently sold at $35 each.. a bit expensive.. so I've decided to wait for GSS =)

(b) 1 pc of Adidas shoe-bag (also for my weekly badminton sessions) and they currently range from $19 to $29; size about the same but design different. Will again wait for GSS to see how much they will drop! =)

Well.. that's shopping aside.. Today being Mother's Day, I gave my mum and dad a treat at my usual Chinese restaurant hangout, Pearl River Palace at Suntec.
The food was good.. apparently they've added to the current menu about 10 new dishes (just for Mother's Day), which explains it to be $38.80++ per pax rather than the normal $32.80++ per pax, but this is considered cheap liaox.. other restaurants or hotels can easily charge up to $60++ to $98++ per pax! So ya.. I dun have that kind of money to spend until so extravagent, so that's why.. but its good enough.. the meal came up to $145 after the taxes.. so ya.. Quite expensive for a 3 person meal, but its worth it.. It's Mother's Day afterall.. next stop would be Father's Day.. but don't know where.. have to scout loh.. maybe Trader Hotel buffet next? I don't know.. have to see how.. becos I would be celebrating my dad's birthday on the same day as well.. so ya.. see how lah!

Out of all the new dishes that I've tried today at Pearl River Palace, the one dish which I like most is the fried cereal prawn with salted egg. I tell you.. it is so fabulous and delicious, that I actually ordered a second plate! =).. the combination is simply perfect! They actually fry the prawns with probably some salted egg yolk batter, and then deep fry it together with the cereals.. so ya.. super high cholesterol but yummy.. Its so yummy that I actually feedback to the captain that they should actually consider replacing the current cereal prawn on their menu to this salted egg cereal prawn.. very shiok I tell you.. saying of which, I'm craving for it again! oh man..

And I think I have been to Pearl River Palace Restaurant enough times already for the current group of waiter and waitress recognising me! Ha.. today one of the waitress talk to me and ask me this time I came with family or friends.. hahax.. so you see, I think Pearl River Palace should award me with a VIP card.. hahax.. I actually did recommend and brought one of my NS friends to this restaurant, and man.. he was so impressed with the food served that he actually wanted to bring his mum to this place for Mother's Day dinner tonight, but whether he would be able to book the seats is another problem, becos' I think the restaurant is 95% full.. so ya.. shall ask him someday..

Oh well.. I've spent a LOT today, but felt that most of it were worth it lah! So I don't felt that I was shortchanged or anything like that loh! =)

Ok.. gtg and sleep liaox.. need to wake up early tml to work.. haix.. Am experiencing Monday blues already.. but oh well.. never mind.. Wednesday got bowling session.. Yeh! =)

Am looking forward to Wednesday nite for bowling, and shopping is FUN,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: