"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 09, 2008

I have no choice..

Well ppl.. guess wat.. My boss and my colleagues now very "on" liaox.. they asked me at work whether I know how to sing.. don't know why my boss suddenly say this!..

The conversation goes on like this:

Boss: Abriel, you know to sing song or not?
Me: Erhh.. ya?

Boss: Good.. then this year, we nominate you for Company Idol loh. You go up and sing. You go up and you don't win, you get $50 as prize for consolation.
Me: kept quiet..

** Colleagues in the background.. all very excited.. there were laughter everywhere..

Boss: You know how to play guitar?
Me: (kept quiet)..

Boss: Keep quiet means you know.
Me: Ehh.. Guitar I don't know, piano I know.

Boss: Wah.. good loh..
Me: (smiles sheepishly in front of the computer)..

Colleague 1: Wah.. know how to play piano? Got girlfriend or not?
Me: No.

Colleague 1: Why?
Me: My expectation very high one.

Colleague 1: Of course. Know how to play piano, is a value-added character leh, so choose girlfriend also must have value-added character.
Me: Spot on!

Colleague 2: Ok. We do banners for you, and support you. (sound excited!)
Boss: Ya. After you play already, a lot of gals will come after you, machiam like honey! (sound excited!)
Me: (laughs)..

Boss: So you must join ah.. we nominate you! Set!
Me: huh...

Boss & colleagues both left the office for their work-life balance activities.

So you see.. they are already so enthusiatic already, I can say no meh? My boss specifically ask me leh.. don't know why she thought of it lah.. She said this is the "ritual" that every newbie in the company must go through! Ha.. Oh well.. we shall see when the day of the application form comes in.. see whether they still remember.. haha =)

Ok.. gtg liaox.. Need to turn in for the nite! Very tiring ok!.. I wake up tml still have to do my church stuff.. Never-ending man!

Would I embark on this Idol journey?,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: