"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Recee trip @ Tebrau City, JB, Malaysia!

My Sunday was spent going through what I call a fruitful day.. Not only did I spend time with my church mates, but also at our friendly neighbouring country, Malaysia.

Was there for recee for my church camp, happening in June 2008 =).

** Photo on left: A few Church Camp 2008 Committee members doing a recee trip @ Tebrau City, JB, Malaysia. We have work-life balance =)

The day started with me going through what I call quite a torture, becos the previous nite, I was having coffee at Coffee Club with another church friend (and I got 10% discount becos being a Citibank Card member!), and whilst we are at it, we also brainstorm ideas for role-playing during church camp..
It was a fun brainstorming session altogether; we had our share of laughters more than "brain-aches".. and I was so surprised that I had come out with so many weird ideas. Ha. =P

Then its like by the time I get home and settle down, its already about 12.30am. Super sleepy.

Woke up like at about 6am in the morning.. Wash up and bathe.. then met a few of them at AMK MRT before proceeding to Causeway Point to meet the rest!
(Had a cup of iced "Yuan Yang" & a thick toast pork floss bread - all from Toast Box, before I left for Causeway Point).

** Photo on right: The Church Camp 2008 Committee lunch up @ The Chicken Rice Shop in Tebrau City, JB, Malaysia during recee trip!

Some of us (Christina, Seb & myself) sat in Tjow's car.. and man.. his driving is good lah! ha.. So smooth.. he's driving a manual somemore.. With the kind of traffic going into Causeway on Sundays with a manual car, is like torture for me (becos of the clutch and all, but he does it just fine!). Surprisingly good! =)

Reached JB, and then do all the necessary receeing of the hotel that we would be staying.. The sales executive was friendly =).. then its like we proceeded to Tebrau City to make a recee trip (and also for some shopping!) as we plan to proceed there for Free & Easy sessions.. so ya..

Had a whale of a time.. Had even bought an ORIGINAL "Ah Long Pte. Ltd" DVD at only RM$29.90! =).. the price when converted to Singapore dollar, is like only $13-$14; the price of a VCD in Singapore! =)

Had lunch as well.. then a short discussion.. then its back to Singapore, and for me, Uncle Andrew gave me a lift to Amara Hotel (becos my aunties and uncles are staying there, as part of their Annual visit to Singapore).. so my parents spend a day with them.

Was actually supposed to have dinner with them, but then, they had a last minute appt, so its like my parents & I then went to Raffles City Shopping Centre to eat the beef noodles.. very good.. I'm craving for it now! =P..

Then came home.. and now blog this blogpost..

Ok.. I gtg liaox.. need to sleep.. Tml is a new work week.. haix..

Malaysia, truly asia,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: