"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 30, 2008

Do you believe in insurance?

Well today, believe it or not, I've actually signed up for insurance and bought it from my buddy, Marcus. He has successfully convinced me and I told him straight that if he ever quit (though he said he wont!) the insurance company, I will stop my policy. He is fine with it.. so ya..

You may then ask me why I suddenly believed in insurance? The reason is simple. There are 3 reasons..

(a) First things first, the insurance package that was offered to me is quite an all-rounded package..

(b) Next reason is that the insurance that was offered to me of course its at a cost, but its not what I can't pay, but its that I need to cut down on my monthly expenditure. I've been spending too much to the point that I'm not even saving part of it for my future car! So ya.. I actually took like close to 2 hrs to decide (or at least hear him talk) whether I have the sufficient funds every mth to support the premium and do I really need insurance? The reason why I think so much is becos when I don't have enough money to splurge on luxuries, I get stressed.. especially, I actually plan to air-condition the 3 bedrooms in my house (becos my parents simply don't have the cash to do so), give them a yearly holiday (to places like HK, Aust, NZ, etc), and also saving up for my car.. so you see.. now its like I have to choose between these luxuries and my insurance.. I took very long to come to terms with this and decided that I shall put these luxuries aside first and buy up the insurance, in the event really something happen to me and my parents don't have the spare cash to do so!

(c) Last but not least, I want to support him lah.. my buddy leh.. but its not an obligation.. I can support him in other ways but I'm confident to say that I take up this insurance is not mainly to support him, but for my own protection.

So ya.. Now, I'm a believer in insurance or so I hope? haix.. monthly spending allowance down =(

The overnight-insurance-believer deep in thought,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: