"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The beach affair!

I've got real OBVIOUS tanlines on my bod! My goodness! It's been a llooonnnggg time since I've been to the beach (after my Bintan trip last December actually!).. and today was my first this year! =)

Today's outing at the beach is not like a fun thing.. its actually part of my church's youth group (called Generation Joshua) initiative in organising a Sports Fiesta! And what a great way to hold it in Sentosa! =).. Special thanks to PK for being the main organiser! =)

** Photo on left: Me, Rachel & Alvin on Sentosa Monorail.

Yesterday came home from church like quite early (considered on average, Saturdays I reach home at about 12am becos of Starbucks, but yesterday I didnt!)..

However, did not sleep early though, becos its like I can't sleep lahx! So I slept late yesterday nite, and woke up early this morning loh!

** Photo on right: The imba peacock photo that PK took with my camera!

Woke up like at about 0545 hrs (which I actually only had abt 5-6 hrs of winks!..).. woke up feeling tired and fatigue.. dun koe why..

Had Macs for breakfast, and its bathing and change into my beach wear and all, and then, left house then take NEL to HarbourFront.. I tell you.. machiam like I'm going for work everyday lah! I'm not kidding!

** Photo on left: Alvin, Me & PK getting ready for Beach Volleyball!

Met PK, Alvin & Rachel @ Vivocity, becos we are taking the monorail in.. No one was at the entrance lah..

So we each bought a monorail ticket and low and behold, ppl were already waiting for the monorail.. my goodness.. and we thought we are the earliest!

We waited for the monorail for like abt 10 mins, but the brazillian samba music is cool.. we had that like surround sound at the station! =)

** Photo on right: Let the Beach Volleyball battle begin!

We reached the station and the beach was like ghost-town! Not many ppl were there.. becos by the time we reached there, it was only like 0820 hrs.. too early for anyone to be in Sentosa..

And guess wat.. I saw one man who is dead drunk and sleeping in front of some bench or sumthing.. as usual lah.. must be after the Saturday's partying, but its such a disgusting sight lah!

Then I've found the way to Palawan Beach (our mtg place).. so we walked towards that direction, and we saw a peacock, so that's why Alvin (our official GJ photographer) has to use my camera to take a photo of it!

** Photo on left: The Palawan Beach sign (Taken by Photographer King Alvin!)

We've reached the beach and we put our things down, and man, the volleyball court was empty! Ha.. so we have the court to ourselves.. that is the reason why we actually go there so early! Kiasu but clever rite =P

Then we settled down and 4 of us (Rachel, PK, Alvin & myself) played volleyball.. Sebastian then came and then join us for a while..

One by one, our ppl came, and the Sentosa crowd just starts to set in! Not forgetting the unavoidable "sun-kissed" skin!

The afternoon went on.. with the sun scotching and yet, we still play beach volleyball! Ha.. We played frisbee as well.. quite fun!

** Photo on right: My most satisfied cam-whore pic so far! Cool huh! =)

I think I'm getting quite bad sun-burnt skin.. Tanlines are super obvious if I remove my top.. You can see the outline of my NUM singlet on my bod liaox.. I'm not complaining.. haha.. =)

Then today is one day which I really wear my sunglasses like almost the whole day! The sun was super glaring, and once I wear and if I take out, my eyes can't open.. so becos of my sunglasses, I have a slight sunglass tanline as well around my eyes.. but thank God not very obvious! =)

After Sentosa, all of us proceeded to Haagen Daz @ Vivocity to have some ice-cream, to cool down ourselves!.. And the ice-cream is gooooodddd BUT expensive.. so ya..

Then after that, came home and then ate dinner.. and then nap for abt 30 mins, before I started this blogpost!

Ok. I would need to go and sleep liaox.. tired.. need to wake up early tommorow to go to church camp mtg, followed by a "Chronicles of Narnia" movie outing with Alvin, as he got 2 free tickets to the event which he won lah.. So ya.. so sweet of him.. Alvin, thanks hor! =)

Overall, my weekend has been so so well-spend!! =)

Sentosa rocks,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: