"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Recee.. Presents.. Grocery Shopping!!

** Photo on left: My new workplace, The Alpha @ Singapore Science Park II!

Ok ppl.. had like a super long day today.. not that I was studying or sumthing.. but its just that I had travelled on public transport for like almost half a day!

Of course me being very precise in not being late for my future job, and since I'm free, I would then do a recee trip down to my new workplace to see see look look.. but what I didn't know that it would take me like almost 2 hours to reach my working place.. but thank God that this was only one of the two transport routes that I would be taking..

Tml I would be going another route (which would more or less be my confirmed route).. so you see.. People may then ask me, "since go today, why go tml again? Bus fare free is it?". ha.. you are all wrong to think like that.. becos what happens is that tml I would be recee-ing my new route, as well as my route and timing from my new workplace to Khatib Camp (becos I need to attend IPT sessions from work next week..)

Which reminds me I have not settled for what should I wear for my first day of work this coming Monday (14/4).. ha.. Man.. the tie, long sleeve shirt, leather shoes, business pants.. can't imagine myself wearing all that!

Guess tomorrow would be another long day again..

** Photo on right: My birthday present from Tjow!

Ok.. I have not blogged this.. Tjow has asked me to blog this.. so here it is Tjow!!

Ok.. I really must thank Tjow for giving me this birthday present.. becos the other time at sermon, Ps. David Leong has challenged me to write a song for Church Camp 2008. I was like hmm.. I actually wanted to try to attempt that..

Then I was praying to God that if its really His Will, then give me ideas/tunes for me to start with.. and just last Sat (5/4), I really didn't expect that God actually answered my prayer.. He send Tjow to give me this DVD.. well.. bro.. thanks ya.. Wonder whether its coincidence or God's intervention? hmm.. but ya.. Thanks bro! =)

** Photo on left: My Youth Camp 2008 venue: MOE Dairy Farm Adventure Centre!

Then after my workplace recee-ing (which is actually quite a torture! Long journey leh!!), went down to Church office to like meet Tjow, Jaslyn & Nicholas to go down for a short recee trip @ MOE Dairy Farm Adventure Centre..

Ha.. it was quite ulu actually! I think that we need to charter a bus for the youths to get there, becos its not at all accessible!

And the route to the adventure centre, machiam like going to a SAF live firing range (as in the words of Tjow).. hahax..
Not only the location of the place reminds me of going for a live firing range session, the dormitories, layout and feel of the area is also exactly like an army camp (particularly Pasir Laba camp!).. hahax.. Well.. the youths are so gonna be "into" the army lifestyle once we set into the campsite! =)

** Photo on right: My isotonic drink (6 cans @ $4.35)!

After the recee, all 4 of us went to Bukit Timah Plaza to eat our lunch, and Tjow brought us to eat some Nonya food from this stall at Basement 1 (it doesn't look very impressive actually.. I tot it would all be just so so food only! But I was wrong !!).. The shop name is called "Nonya Deli".. Apparently, this is not exactly a stall or sumthing.. its is actually a kiosk, so there is no like proper seats and all..

Had a mee siam and mee rebus.. both nicholas and I shared the food together.. But I had most of the mee siam and nicholas had the mee rebus.. but my verdict is that the mee siam was the best! I had a second helping of the mee rebus (ie, order another bowl lah!), but it was not as good as the mee siam!

The mee siam was fantastic! Truly authentic! It is almost exactly like my grandma's and mum's recipe! Love it to the max.. My only complaint is that it is NOT sour enough! but other than that, it is fantastic! There is a whole egg and 2 prawns to compliment the dish, which actually adds up to a total of $3.80 per bowl.. but its worth EVERY cent!
Best thing is that there is NOT much MSG, becos I didn't felt thirsty after eating.. so ya.. =).. the mee siam was totally delicious! =) Saying of which, I'm craving for some rite now! =)

** Photo on left: Carmen's Muesli Bars @ $3.95 for a pack of six!

After that, what happened was Tjow actually wanted to go to "Fairprice Finest" to get something, but in the end, its me who got the most things.. hahax.. spend $52.15 in there lahx.. hahax.. but dun worry.. I did not spend all the $52.15.. I only spend like $12.65..

You see the photo on the left right? This is the muesli bar that my church friend, Carlise, loves and she buys 8 boxes of those at one time (so you say good or not lah ?!?)..
Today, it managed to catch my attention whilst I was browsing the shelves, and to my surprise, it was on offer.. If I still remember the offer tag correctly, its like today was the last day of offer and they are selling it at $3.95 per box, instead of the normal $5.05 per box.. so ya..
I called Carlise and asked her whether she want some (since I knew that she was an avid fan of this muesli bar).. so she said, "yes", and she asked me to get for her 8 boxes.. =)

Taking chance at the offer, I also got myself one box and got my mum 2 boxes..

Then becos I'm doing my IPT programme these few times as well as also doing my weekly jogs, I'm now starting to take isotonic drinks to replenish my lost minerals during running.. hence, I've sourced out all the isotonic drinks, and decide that the best was Pocari Sweat (had this during my NS days as well! - See picture above!).. so I had decided to buy 2 cartons (since I'll be using it quite often!).. thank goodness, they were on offer.. a carton of 6 cans only costs $4.35.. its cheap lah.. outside, 1 can is about $0.80 - $0.90.. so ya..

Then after which, Tjow sent me over to Orchard to take a bus home (thanks bro!!).. my stuff super heavy lah..

Then had my dinner, watched TV and now on this blogpost loh..

That practically ends my day.. and I actually felt sleepy already.. oh man.. I'm tired..

Ok.. gtg liaox.. long day tml.. waking up at 0700 hrs.. *yawns*

Happy guy,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: