"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, April 14, 2008

My first day @ work!

Ok.. a lot of ppl have been asking how is my first day of work.. so here goes.. a short one though, becos I'm super tired now..

My day started like at 0730 hrs where I left house for work.. The NEL train was super packed (now I koe what is "office crowd").. hahax..

Reached office.. spend like 10 mins in the toilet putting my tie on as well as buttoning my shirt and all.. then went up to office..

Had a 3 hour induction to follow (of course, go round the whole office to meet ppl!.. and of course, met my ex-colleague which is also my good friend, Cheong!.. and the HR was like quite surprised how we knew each other!.. hahax..) and then I was "handed over" to my boss..

And soon, it was time for lunch.. My boss gave me a welcome treat at Sushi Tei.. so ya.. really appreciate that lunch..

After which, everything seems to be like a bombshell just drop on me.. I was actually tasked my first project, and all I can say is that this project of mine is very challenging, becos having no prior background, I have to learnt everything from scratch.

This project will SOLELY be managed by me, and I'm in charge of it (had my FIRST meeting today already!).. and becos of this, I reckon that soon (not too sure how long, but estimated to be in abt 6 mths time.. maybe more or less) I may have to travel to a country but for what, I can't say due to confidentiality issues.. but it would probably be quicker than I thought!
And during the meeting, it was terms, terms and more terms! I have absolutely NO idea what they are talking.. they machiam like talking french!.. but I'm willing to learn, and guess I got a LOT of stuff to catch up on! =)

And my company has a very common practice.. EVERYTHING is abbreviated.. even to the extent of names of personnel (shown on the contact list), dept names and product names!

Oh.. This Thursday (17/4), I'm going for a Paintball activity organised by my company.. its like a work-life balance event and moreover, by attending, company donates a certain sum of money to their adopted charity.. So ya.. why not? Enjoy myself and at the same time, doing something charitable! =)

Then left office for my IPT session.. Today IPT session was quite shiong, becos I ran 4km and do 3 sets of my 50% of my max chin-ups!.. so now, everywhere ache..

Ok lah.. I gtg and sleep liaox.. Too tired.. tml morning need to go down to main office again, before proceeding to Science Park.. haix.. The office crowd again =(

New Product Development Executive @ work,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: