"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The weekend is near..

Well.. this week just simply draw near to the end so fast! This means that I'm getting lesser time spent with my operators and colleagues @ MDI.. haix..

Today at office.. nothing really much happened.. just the normal.. but then an interesting email conversation with my company's purchasing manager (who is also my GM's daughter). The following is a gist of it..

** The story behind is that the warehouse stocks for my chocolate pudding plastic lid is running low.. so I usually tell way beforehand to my purchasing manager, and just pre-empt her, so as to when she would purchase and all would be at her disposal.. so ya.. I just do my job can liaox..
So usually I tell my purchasing manager thru email (and I have already done it like for about 3-4 times already!).. then CC the email to the rest of the world (like the product marketing manager, and my immediate boss).

And then the following is an excerpt of what was written in the email that was between my purchasing manager, and my product marketing manager..

To: "A" (Product Marketing Manager)
From: "B" (Purchasing Manager)
Subject of email: FA for Chocolate Pudding Lids

Content:
Hi.
Have you passed to me the FA? We can start to order now (Before Abriel sends a reminder again).

============

To: "B" (Purchasing Manager)
From: "A" (Product Marketing Manager)
Subject of email: FA for Chocolate Pudding Lids

Content:
Hi.
I'm working on them..

===========

The above was the prior email before I saw my Purchasing Manager @ R&D Lab today for a sensory evaluation session, and then I told her that the chocolate pudding lids were running low, and she said that she has already chased the Product Marketing Manager for quite long already but no reply yet. So I told her that I will send out an email to the Product Marketing Manager, and CC to her.. She agreed.
So below is the email that she has sent out to the Product Marketing Manager and of course, the replies from me to the Purchasing Manager.. so enjoy ya.. quite funny..

To: "B" (Purchasing Manager)
From: "A" (Product Marketing Manager)
CC: Me lah..
Subject of email: FA for Chocolate Pudding Lids

Content:
Hi.
Are they ready yet? Stocks running low..

==========

From: Me.
To: "B" (Purchasing Manager)
CC: "A" (Product Marketing Manager), "C" (my immediate boss)
Subject of email: FA for Chocolate Pudding Lids

Content:
Hi.
Thanks for your efficiency. I was about to send an email to "A" to ask her about the Chocolate Pudding wraps, but instead, you are one step faster than me. Ha.. but anyway, thanks =)
And by judging by the earlier emails that you two have with each other, I would think you both have regard me as the official man for complaints. Ha.. Just kidding =) Glad you know my style.. ha =P.

Anyway, appreciate if you could put my manager, "C", in the loop for this shortage of lids issue as well, so that he would also get a better picture of what is happening in the scene (just in case, he asked me about it and I have to re-tell the story all over again!).. =)

Thanks for noting and the efficiency once again =)

Cheers,
<<< abriel >>>

==========

From: "B" (Purchasing Manager)
To: Me
Subject of email: FA for Chocolate Pudding Lids

Content:
Hi Abriel.
I was wondering if you would see the remark about you sending another reminder again. But since it wasn't offensive (hahahah), I copied it to you. And it shows we do take what you tell us seriously!!

Actually, I like it that you bring up the items facing low stocks, cos it makes me check. But it usually makes my heart beat faster initially followed by a sigh of relief when we still have enough time should we need to replenish stocks.

I sent out the email after you spoke to me at R&D Lab, so that I could beat you to it and we wouldn't get another reminder.
Hahahahahah. Don't get "mad" ok?

==========

I tell you.. the above email conversation is really cool lah.. It really brightens up my day.. so ya..

Anyway, gtg liaox.. need to sleep.. super tired.. =).. hope you have a good laugh! =)

4 days to my 24th birthday,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: