"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Durian Fiesta!

I'm was really having a durian fiesta.. all thanks to Goodwood Park Hotel... not exactly Goodwood Park Hotel gave me those stuff, but I bought them ok.. In this world, there is no free lunch ok =)..

Anyway, had really a great time feasting over these durian stuffs.. It was really good..

I was excited at first, but after that, I got disappointed, becos apparently their most famous, Durian Puffs, were NOT of any standard.. Neither were their new item, Durian & Chocolate Cup Brownie nor their Durian Moose Cake.. It was such a disappointment.. But all was not lost though.. The durian crepe was FANTASTIC! (In fact, its 1000000x BETTER than Angie The Choice).. but judging by the price ($5.35 PER piece @ Goodwood, whereas the Angie The Choice is only at $3.50 per piece), of course it must be nice lah! (FYI: Thank God I bought 3 crepes, or else there is not enough to go round.. hahax)

The reason why I said the other items not nice, is as follows:

- Durian Puffs: too creamy, and NOT enough durian flesh! The ones at Emicakes (which is price like $9+ for 12 pcs -- D24 Durian Puffs) were much much better!

- Durian & Chocolate Cup Brownie: Again, its too creamy.. not enough durian flesh. The chocolate cup was also quite sweet.

- Durian Moose Cake: This does NOT justify its price of $8.45 per piece (before discount).. my goodness.. this cake is like no difference from my house, opposite those normal bakery shops, whereby its sold at $2 per piece that kind.. its too much sponge and so little durian meat.. Not even sure whether there is any loh! And confirm there is lots of durian flavouring.. so ya..

Now the "golden mouth" has spoken.. so you know what to get from Goodwood next time.. The Durian Crepes.. they are to die for *grinz* =)

Anyway, I bought all these items at a steal ($35 AFTER discount).. everything were at 20% discount.. becos my church mate, Christina, got it for me at her office where they held a bazaar and there were discounts.. so ya.. Thanks ya =)

Below are the photos which I've took before the Durian Fiesta starts. Enjoy and drool if you want.. hahax =)

** The Durian Moose - my "birthday cake"
(Courtesy of Christina)


** The all-so-heavenly Durian Crepe!
The durian flesh inside is AWESOME!! Yummy! =)


** Famous Durian Puffs!


** Their new item, Durian & Chocolate Cup Brownie


Durian-li-cious good time,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: