"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, March 24, 2008

My post-birthday blogpost!

Well.. I must say that this birthday celebration has been really quiet.. the quietest I have actually.. but despite the quietness, there is still some SMSes being sent to me to either brought a tear or two to my eye, or simply just make me smile like some fool..

The SMSes came in streams, and each time I receive an SMS, I would either smile like some fool, or simply just being so touched that its enuf to bring a tear or two to my eye.. so ya..

The SMSes were really sweet.. Thanks guys.. Wanna thank the following ppl who actually sent me the SMSes.. you guys are appreciated =)..
The ppl are:
- Andrew (my bro in church)
- Sidney (my bro in NS)
- Tjow (my mentor & bro in church)
- Boon Sen
- Claudia
- Alvin Cheong
- Uncle George & Aunty Eunice (my pastor & his wife; they actually sent me a birthday wish from Korea, becos they both are attending a conference!)
- Alex (my bro in MDI)
- Shannon (my cousin)
- Hwee Min (my da-jie!)
- Carlise (my church friend, who also sent me an SMS from Korea, becos she is also attending a conference)
- Melodi (another cousin of mine)
- Kochi, Uncle Paul, Mama, Chek Chek Dennis & Ma-mm (my uncles, aunties & grandma)
- Nat (another church bro)
- Christina (my church friend..)

** To Christina: Thanks for the wonderful gift! It was really a dream come true! =).. Thanks for the surprise ya given me ya.. crafty but yet refreshing =).. hahax.. Thanks!

The day before my birthday, went to airport with some of the church members to see a team of ppl who are going to Korea to attend a conference.. so ya.. And memories of me being at the airport where ppl have sent me off (in 2004 lahx) for my mission trip in Thailand, just flew back like nobody's business lah.. so ya.. The memories were so real.. its as if I was brought back in time!

Went to tour Terminal 3 (T3) after the farewell, and man.. it was so nice lah, but empty.. hahax..

In my mind, I was thinking.. yes.. I would be at the airport some day (becos of my future work job scope), but its for business purpose.. and I tot to myself, when would be the day where I would be able to fly on Airbus 380 to fly to Sydney?.. haix.. if only I had the money, this birthday weekend/week, I would actually be in Sydney with Alex.. its always one of my dreams to celebrate my birthday in Sydney.. haix.. =(.. dun talk about these sad things anymore lahx.. =(

Then after which, went to TCC @ T3 with Tjow & family, Ryan & Cat, and Christina, to had coffee till like 2330 hrs.. so ya.. nice time of fellowship and had a cup of coffee.. and man.. becos of that cup of coffee, I cldn't sleep till 0115 hrs! And it doesn't help that I had to wake up at 0545 hrs to go to church for Easter Sunday service (for more details.. see below!)

Oh.. and what a way to spend my birthday, then to celebrate it on Easter Sunday (with the rest of the Christian Community!).. and guess wat.. I was actually praising and singing worship songs on stage with some of my main church (Chapel of the Resurrection - COR) members.. we were there for Easter Sunday service.. so its like my pastor's wife told me the week before that I may need to be activated to help out in playing the keyboards.. but news came on Saturday, then I may be singing instead, as they did not have enough vocalists.. but becos I got flu, so she told me that I don't need to sing since I got flu.. so ya..

But surprisingly, the flu bug didnt deter me and I was healed the same nite.. Thank God! So Sunday, I was able to go down to COR to sing.. so ya.. It was ok at first, but when the crowds came in (and I do mean close to a THOUSAND ppl!), I got stage fright initially, but after a while, I got used to it (all thanks to my previous Mission Trip experience in 2004).. and the prior practice for yesterday session was just 20 minutes.. and we all gelled together.. it must be the Holy Spirit who guided us! Thank God! =)

And yesterday, we sang in Mandarin for most of the time (so you koe my Mandarin is like totally half-past six).. but yesterday was ok leh.. Thank God again!

And believe it or not.. ppl (my dad's old church friends and have not seenme or him for a LOOONNNGGG time) have mistook me for my dad and just can't believe the uncanny appearance I had with my dad! My goodness!.. in their minds, I was just this very small boy whom they seen me many years ago! awww....

But yesterday, was really a birthday celebration which is not the usual birthday celebration.. its something really special and close to my heart!
My birthday celebration on Easter Sunday.. oh man! =)

Well.. I think that shld be all lah.. =).. anyway, below are pictures of my birthday dinner I had with my family @ No Signboard Seafood Restaurant, Vivocity.
Thanks mum & dad! =)..
In return, I gave them a treat @ Haagen Daz Ice-Cream Parlour =).. so ya.. enjoy those pics and drool.. =)

** Fried Cuttlefish with XO Sauce


** Seafood Claypot Beancurd


** Fried Crispy Cereal Prawns


** The all-so-delicious Sri Lanka White Pepper Crab
(their signature dish!)


** Braised Ee-fu noodles


** Waffle Dream @ Haagen Daz
(Belgium Chocolate & Rum & Raisin Chocolate Ice-cream!)


Yupz.. betcha you must have drooled enough.. hahax.. =)

Ok lah.. oh.. I also have booked my IPT session already.. wanna get it over and done with.. first session being 07/04/08 (where its my last day of service @ my current company!).. so ya..

I just have to learn how to juggle my new workplace with my training venue @ Khatib.. super far lah.. Worst come to worst, have to take cab lohx.. sianx.. super ex lah.. We shall see how lah.. =)

Right now I'm officially 24 yrs old, and I'm enjoying my day of leave today.. and that's final! Period.

The birthday boy has spoken,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: