"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, March 14, 2008

God has spoken!

Hi peepz.. An update on this jazzkool's life again.. hope you all won't be bored.. =P

Anyway, today at work was ok.. quite tiring.. dun koe why.. my senior operator was not here.. he got MC.. but then again, I didnt really do much work today.. so ya..

Today did something really fruitful.. I actually helped my boss to find my successor, becos he actually agreed to let me see ALL the resumes that were forwarded to him by HR.. and my boss and me had the same wavelength.. both of us actually shortlisted the SAME 2 persons!

Then I actually emailed him some reference questions to ask the suitable candidate during the interview, so that the candidate would be ready and prepared to take whatever role that I'm holding right now. Moreover, this is also to help him to get as close a match as me!

After which, me being a very detailed and systematic person, I actually came up with a to-teach list with 30 items (gulp!) for the new candidate. That 30 items are actually what I have been doing either everyday/weekly/monthly.. In other words, it practically sums up my job scope in MDI.. so ya.. I took 1 hour to came up with the list ok.. after which, I got a headache! Oh man..

Printed out this list and then kept one copy for myself, whilst another copy for my manager and another copy for my successor. I told my boss that in the event that I have gone already and then a candidate comes in, these are what is expected of him/her.. so that whatever I'm doing currently, my successor would also do it. My boss was actually very impressed with me, as I was so detailed.. He told me, "That's what I like about you. Very detailed. Don't go can?".. I was like "Boss, cannot lah.. *smiles*".
Well, its true what.. I won't want my successor to like I teach and suddenly I miss out on sumthing, and he/she has to struggle this thru without any prior teaching.. so ya.. So the list actually also helps me to gather up my tots!
I'm actually also amazed at how detailed am I.. hahax..

Then its going to cell group at nite.. and the session was ok.. but God was so good.. He actually answered my question that was in me for the longest time.. "Do I accept the role of being the Youth Camp 2008 Chairman"..
I was struggling with this for the longest time (and I'm due to give an answer on 6/4!), and I seriously dun koe how God will answer me regarding this..
But my mentor & bro, Tjow (who conducted the Bible Study) today talks about having a God-given talent but under-utilising it.. So I was like "ok".. so he posed a question and let the rest of the group (which included me) think.. He said "Tell me what you think of the talents that God has given you but you have not used it".. I was stunned for a moment.. I koe my talent is music, but I have been serving in the Music Ministry for the longest time!.. and there is another talent?

Then I told Tjow that I have no more.. probably IT (since I'm doing publicity for church camps and all).. Tjow then told me this, "Abriel, you have the talent of administration and organising! And are you utilising it enuf?"
At that point in time, I was suddenly enlightened! Why didn't I think of that? Yes.. I certainly have a talent for administration and organising, becos I'm simply a perfectionist, and everything I do must be swee swee or else I would flare up!
Then he added, "Abriel, this is a talent (ie, organising) that God has given you, but you don't utilise it enuf, either becos you think its a hassle becos it may come with a lot of troubles and all. Yes, you can give a thousand and one excuses to do this and all that, but can you run forever?"
At that moment, I was simply in awe.. I was like, "God, you have spoken!".

As I was about to take the bus, I SMS Tjow as to whether he had read my previous blogposts abt me having contemplations about becoming Youth Camp 2008 chairman. Surprisingly, he said "no"! He didnt even koe I wrote about it.. so ya..

So Alvin, if you are reading this, here it is..
Since God has spoken, I shall then take up the challenge of being Youth Camp 2008 Chairman, of course with God being my helper! I certainly can't do anything with Him! =)
*Alvin must be grining from one ear to another!*

Today also marks the day where my future manager actually emailed me back my reply email about my work over at my new workplace. So ya.. quite happy about it.. =)

Ok lah.. just got to go liaox.. its late.. I need to sleep!! oh man..

Still simply in awe,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: