"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, February 07, 2008

My CNY Reunion Dinner!

Hey ppl!

Its Day 1 of the Lunar New Year.. and ya.. here's me wishing you all, Happy Lunar New Year 2008! =)


** My family, my aunty & my uncle @ Pearl River Palace Restaurant, Suntec City for Reunion Dinner 2008!

Well.. yesterday was a day of fun! My aunty and uncle came along with my family to Pearl River Palace Restaurant for reunion.. All I can say is that the food was really fantastic! Judging by the total amt I paid all in all for the dinner (after all the taxes) is actually $472.20! So with such a price, you say leh.. Good or not? =)

Anyway, below are the food photos that we have eaten yesterday.. so ya.. hope you salivate ah! =P


** Roasted Suckling Pig Combination
This dish not only have suckling pig slices, but it also has roasted duck and jellyfish! The perfect combination!


** Sharks' Fin Soup with Crabmeat and Roe
This bowl in the above photo looks small rite? But actually, its a very BIG bowl.. and wats best is that it is 1 bowl PER person.. the shark's fin were plentiful and you can really eat the shark's fin! This is awesome! =)


** Baked Cod Fish with Wasabi-Mayo Sauce
This dish is very special.. in a sense that they actually baked the cod fish and just before serving, they add in teriyaki sauce on the baked cod fish, and add the same time, add wasabi and mayo to mix with the teriyaki sauce..
The combination is PERFECT! But I would prefer the wasabi to be a bit more ummphh! But wat more can I ask? ha..


** Sauteed Prawns with Walnut in Golden Nest
The prawns were BIG, yummy, juicy and crunchy! Yummy! I can eat all these prawns myself man if got the choice! =)


** Glutinous Rice Ball with Red Bean Paste
This looks ordinary rite? But this dessert is one of my fave desserts already.. It looks simple enough, but I tell you the taste is really AWESOME! The preparation for this is quite simple.. Its actually you actually boil the red bean, and then you go blend.. then the red bean soup whilst cooking, you add in rock sugar.. then the blended bean throw it in and cook.. add corn starch to thicken the mixture.. At the same time, add some mandarin orange zest/peel to give that extra kick! And viola! Your dessert is ready and oh so yummy! =)

There is actually 2 more dishes that we have eaten.. Its E-fu noodles and the normal yu-sheng! These 2 are quite normal, so I didnt take any photo loh! =) Its a 7 course dinner lah.. =)

Ok then.. I got to go and do other stuff liaox..

This morning's visitation is at my mum's side.. so ya.. just visited one house, had lunch there and then came home to rest becos tml is gonna be another long day! Real long! so ya.. Tonite's dinner is steamboat.. my mum's idea lah.. so ya.. its been a long time since we had steamboat.. And I also contirbuted some money into this steamboat too.. so ya..

My CNY is very expensive.. too much money spent liaox.. but then again, its always a blessing to bless others as well as also this is only a yearly affair, so why be stingy rite =)

Ok lah.. gtg and help my mum prepare tonite's steamboat liaox! Yummy! Oh.. tonite got yu-sheng again! Man.. I just love yu-shengs!

Oh.. tml at my aunty's place also got yu-sheng.. courtesy of my mum again! ha.. so its a really eat yu-sheng consecutive for 3 days (Reunion dinner @ Pearl River Palace Restaurant, 1st day @ home, 2nd day @ my aunty's place).. but oh well.. Guess yu-sheng is healthy! =)

Ok.. really got to go liaox..

The CNY season is here! Lalala! Gong Xi Gong Xi!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: