"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Weird..

2 weird things happened in my office today.. here's why..

Weird thing no. 1:

Don't know who is the kaypoh one in my office, actually had so much time to go to the locker room, and check on the operators to see who sleep and all, and worst still, told my GM that someone is sleeping in the locker room.. and true enuf, my GM went to the locker and saw tat sight.. so ya..

Email from GM then kenna send to all the dept head in the company, and he actually said in his email, "Why do you need the GM to go round catching people sleeping and all? Is GM so petty or you did not enforce discipline in your department?"

He also requests all the dept heads to tell their supervisors to constantly check the locker rooms as well, on top of looking after the production. What do he think we are? Superman?

My GM thinks that the supervisors/executives have so much free time on their hands, juz like him.. He thinks our time spent in office just revolves round walking up and down the building and check this and that, and make sure operators' discipline are well maintained, etc. No need for paperwork or other stuff. Also can knock off at 1600 hrs sharp. Well.. this is his thinking, and I'm sad to say tat this is just a dream of his, because it will NOT happen!! Company is not paying me for the extra overtime that I do, so why do you think I must slog for the company, in a way tat I only do my paperwork after my production has ended? My GM thinks all the executive staff is filthy rich like him!

Oh well.. thank God tat my GM did not take me to scold or question.. or else, I would have thrown my resignation letter right in his old and sulky face! Super angry lah!

Weird thing no. 2:

As I was walking home from NTUC (near my house), someone called out to me and I turned over.. and I saw this fat guy who is in his 30s.

He told me that he was from JB and had a friend come with him, but his friend is uncontactable, becos he left his work permit in his hostel which is in Boon Lay. Then he asked me how to walk to Boon Lay from my place (which is in the north). I was of course shocked lah, because no one in the rite mind would walk from my place to Boon Lay.. it would take hours! And he said how to go to expressway? He want to walk to Boon Lay from expressway!

Then after that, he started mumbling, and his acting was very good! He actually like almost act like a autistic child and then want to cry..

After all these drama, I guess in my mind, its either he want me to help him call his friend or lend him money.. but I was determined that either purpose, I'm not going to do it, becos I dun koe whether this is a scam and also, I'm very cautious about this money matters to strangers!

Anyway, I told him that I was in a rush of time, and therefore, I told him, "you just follow the road (which I pointed) and then you reach Boon Lay.."

Then he answered me in Mandarin, "so you are thinking that I should walk to Boon Lay?"

Then I answered him, "ya lah. wat to do? I no money".

Then he said "okok.. nevermind" (in a very pissed off manner)..

I didn't care and just walk away.. Then as I was walking away, I was thinking to myself, he thinks I don't koe how to recognise a Malaysian, becos Malaysians have an accent which is very distinct (and I hear it everyday!).. So if this guy really from JB, how come he no Malaysian accent? So obviously, can see this guy is a fake lah, and maybe he got a slight mental problem as well...

So ya.. today is really a day of weird encounters..

Got to go and sleep liaox.. tired..

Weird things do happen,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: