"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My boss is driving me nuts!

Its more or less official liaox lah! I've met my match and even worse.. he is none other than my boss!

My boss is super chiong-hay (cantonese for long-winded), and he loves diverting topics. For example, I'm on the topic of A and he suddenly can use this A situation to tell me B, and he would go on and on about B.
So that's why everytime I want to approach him and teach him something, I think twice, because I koe if I do so, I would either run the risk of him asking me tons of questions (like, why must do this, and can't do another way? What is the rationale?). If I can answer, its ok, but some questions that he asked, I didn't thought of it when my previous boss was around.. I just do what they said.. When my boss ask me why and all, I just answer him, "I don't know. I come in a year ago and its already like that."

And my boss is very "kia-si". He scared this and that.. then he kept thinking of other solutions to solve the potential problems, but then if its really implimented, it would either inconvenience the operators or myself or both!.. because talk is simple, but implementing it, would mean that it would be double work..
And by the way, its not those very serious problem. Yes.. there is a possibility that this would happen, but then the possibility is very very little, and maybe minute or none!

Then also, he is very strong-headed.. I'm also strong-headed as well, and neither one of us wants to give way.. So once I cannot beat him, I just go with the flow, but of course, with an attitude of care-less..

Just today, I taught him how to write the production report and all.. I can actually take only about 15-20 mins to explain to him, but becos of him asking me a lot and tons of questions, in the end, I spend close to an hour!

And my OT has already been ticking and over like nobody's business.. and here is he talking to me and all.. of course, I cannot just brush him off like tat, becos he is my boss.. but don't he know that my OT has gone over already? haix..

Tommorow would be another busy day for me, because I have to explain to my boss, the tougher part, and using some computer software (which I recently learnt) to help me generate the Material Requisition sheet. I just wonder how much water I would need to drink, and also, how much "blood I must vomit", and also how much time I waste, just entertaining his endless ridiculous speech.. haix..

My boss would be taking over my role for the 2 weeks that I'm in reservist.. so ha.. good luck to the operators! Who koes.. he may drive them nuts too! hahax..

But then I have to face tml first.. ahhhhhh....

Nuts I shall be,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: