"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Chilling out @ Timbre!

Well peepz.. I wanna say a BIG sorry to all my faithful readers.. Have been busy lately with work (what else?)

Last week was totally horrendous at work.. everyday work on average until 2200 hrs.. At one nite last week (can't remember which one), I actually left office at 2330 hrs, and next day got up at 0600 hrs to start to cycle all over again, and back home like 2230 hrs.. totally tiring.. I spend my last 5 working days totally lethargic!

Yesterday at church was one of my fun days after so long.. I really totally miss my church mates yesterday.. Its like though I've been missing in action for 1 week, but it feels like I've not seen them for a month! I'm serious! so ya.. thank God for friends like these =)

** Photo on right: Brothers chilling out at Timbre (celebrating Ashley's birthday).

And yesterday was Ashley's birthday, so decided to go out with the gang to just go somewhere to chill out..

We first went to Central @ Clarke Quay to eat "Pepper Lunch" for dinner.. It was quite tasty, but then serving a bit too small and quite expensive.. I had the combo meal (where its 2 types of beef - a hamburger patty, and some slice of beef) and it comes with a bowl of rice as well as a soup/drink, and that costs me like $14.80 !! Ya.. its that expensive, but its nice lahx.. better than MOS Burger.. so ya.. =).. Oh.. did I tell you I like the beansprouts? Becos everything is served to you on a hotplate, and you can cook your beef according to your taste, as well as adding the brown sauce and some salt & pepper to the beansprouts, and it becomes oiishi-nei (japanese language word for "delicious")

After that, under the recommendation of my bro, Andrew, the gang (consisting of andrew, nat, ash, pk, sebastian & myself) went to Timbre to just chill out..

This is the second time I had so much liquor outside.. ha.. I had a Caipirinha (which is a mixture of cacacha, lime juice and brown sugar).. its absolutely refreshing lahx.. its a bit too much lime juice and not enuf alcohol.. so ya.. but I still like it..

Then we all share 2 jugs of cocktails (one is Jack Daniel + coke - which I didn't like, and another is the Long Island Tea).. Long Island Tea for me is much easier and better to drink, but not as potent as the one I had at DXO.. so ya.. so I didn't really get drunk..

After a while, Joshua came to join us.. so ya.. then before we end off the nite, Sebastian, Ash, Andrew & myself ordered a Heinekken bucket of 5, where each of us had one bottle of Heinekken beer and it was like getting quite slow, becos I was so full with the food and all.. so ya.. so I finished half my beer within one go, and after tat, I almost want to vomit.. ha.. but I didnt lahx..

Oh.. the food there is not exactly world best, but quite value for money, esp. the seafood platter! Ha.. its even cheaper and more worth it than Fish & Co.. so ya.. Had also the thin crust Timbre Hawaiian Pizza, which I don't really like, becos no ham (which they claim is parma ham).. haix..

But oh well, its the company that matters, rather than the food.. so ya..

Then after which, came home by cab.. and then gorge down 1 lire of water (to prevent hangover).. so ya..

Woke up this morning and went for driving lohx.. Driving was ok.. same instructor, but same problem.. always never lift up clutch.. so ya.. sianx.. I shall improve it on lohx..

Ok lahx.. got to go and cacth some of my handsome sleep.. wahaha..

Eyes wide shut,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: